PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 36 scratched slit glass

Custom Search

SmellsHot
07-23-2015, 05:20 PM
Does anyone have a source for a slit glass on this model?
Fingernail clear coat polish didn't do the trick and the only part available from KM is the entire scanner head....which is OVERKILL

allan
07-23-2015, 05:32 PM
Mmm diamond ring?

Dickie
07-23-2015, 05:38 PM
Take it to a local glass merchant or glazier and get them to cut you a piece to fit.
Make sure you get toughened glass to avoid any implications should the heavy handed person who damaged the original one decide to try and break it again.
The manufacturer states that it is optically perfect glass but I have got away with it in the past

allan
07-23-2015, 05:52 PM
Take it to a local glass merchant or glazier and get them to cut you a piece to fit.
Make sure you get toughened glass to avoid any implications should the heavy handed person who damaged the original one decide to try and break it again.
The manufacturer states that it is optically perfect glass but I have got away with it in the past

I have done that aswell for a Ricoh AF3025.

emujo
07-23-2015, 06:57 PM
Unless you scratched it, the repair shouldn't fall under maintenance, same as fixing a broken tray that was kicked in...I would say " I will not charge you for the labor, but as this is not something covered under maintenance, you will either have to live with it, or pay for the part". At some point in the future, KM will probably find a way to replace the glass as a separate part #. Emujo

EarthKmTech
07-23-2015, 08:25 PM
don't have a pile of C35's lying around with 0096 errors ? It's the same scanner. Ours just goto the crusher, someone on here should have one to sell you.

Custom Search