PDA

View Full Version : Konica/Minolta DI450 print problem

Custom Search

mysticus
05-27-2008, 09:38 PM
Initially this unit needed a power supply. Another tech installed a used one in it. Customer called me back and said he was having problems with the print. When I looked at the copy there was a line of print going from top to the bottom of the page where every letter was elongated or looked almost like a double print. It was only about 2 letters wide but extended the entire length ( top to bottom ). On the first call to look at it it was only doing this through the ADF. So I looked and it appeared there was a pause in one of the motors, so I took the board and sent it over to Hytech. They repaired it and I reinstalled it and the first few copies I ran looked great.
Customer just called me back, he had started a large run of copies and about 50 copies into it the problem started again. Only this time it is not limited to the ADF. The print problem also appears in the copies from the platen or glass.
Is it possible the power supply unit the other guy installed is bad? I can't figure this one out.

fixthecopier
05-27-2008, 11:50 PM
What do pages look like if you make test prints from F-12 and not from the scanner?

Rudi
05-28-2008, 01:56 PM
The Power Supply Wont Have Anything To Do With It But Through The Adf It Is Normally Just The Allignment That Must Be Set If You Take Of The Adf Covers You Will Find 3 Screws On Top Of The Left Hinge You Loosen Them And Then Straighten Your Feeder.

mysticus
05-28-2008, 04:35 PM
I appreciate the response but the problem happens if you put the copy on the glass too. I have been studying the service manual and will go back today and chk. the cables in the scanner and grease the rails and look for anything out of whack, but it is looking like the problem is in the CCD or in the IR.

mysticus
05-28-2008, 04:36 PM
F12 looked good

Rudi
05-28-2008, 06:34 PM
In That Case Your Problem Could Be Intermittend I Would Then Check The Dev Tank And Drum Drive Belts They Are Situatted Behind The Main Pwb A At The Back Of The Mach But Then Your Problem Would Also Shift On The Image You Can Also Check The Entrance Guide Plate By The Fuser On These Machines They Love To Pack With Toner .

mysticus
05-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Maybe my description of the problem was poor. The line of extra large print is always in the same place. It is in a straight line from top to bottom and every letter in that line you is 2 font sizes larger than the rest of the letters. Rs look like bold print in this line and O look like a couple of font sizes larger. When I get back from looking at the machine again I will see if I can post an example of the copy.

mysticus
05-28-2008, 07:16 PM
It looks like this.
Like it is set on bold.
And set with the wrong
Font size. It is always in
the same place.

Accentcp
05-28-2008, 08:31 PM
If feeding speed letter-paper hitting drum sep fingers because of bad corona, or entrance guide buildup on fuser!

fixthecopier
05-28-2008, 09:55 PM
If it were my machine, I would watch the scanner move with the lid up to look for any bump or distortion or something abnormal. I would then pull the glass and run the mirrors back and forth looking and feeling for anything strange. I would also look at the mirrors very close for maybe a clear substance to have got on and dried in a spot. If everything checks out then I would swap the ccd with one from a working machine.

Accentcp
05-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Make it do an orientation change from letter r to letter speed and see if it is read or write problem!!Criss/cross sort or enlarge image.My bad not suggesting earlier.Couldnt be scanner rails if it happens with ADF or print.(stationary scanner unit)

mysticus
05-28-2008, 11:33 PM
When I got onsite with the machine I looked at everything. Lo and behold there was a huge gouge in the lower pressure roller. Don't know if that is what is creating the problem but at least it is something visual in need of repair. After I get that back to good condition I will see what kind of copies it is getting and go from there. Thanks for all the feed back.

Hansoon
05-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Don't forget to change the lower fuser roller bearings too because that's most of the time the reason that the LFR becomes damaged. Hans

Rudi
05-29-2008, 06:26 PM
YOUR FUSER UNIT HAS GOT ITS OWN DRIVE SO IT WILL ONLY AFFECT THE COPIES ON 11X18 OR LETTER R OTHER THAN THAT I WILL GO WITH DRUM SEP FINGERS OR FUSER ENTRANCE BUILD-UP AS Accentcp SUGGESTED I WOULD HOWEVER DOUBLE CHECK MY DRUM DRIVE SECTION BECAUSE I ONCE PICKED UP A PROBLEM WITH A WORN BUSHING ON THE DRUM DRIVE SHAFT AND IT WOULD LOOK LIKE ITS IN THE EXACT SAME PLACE EVERY TIME BUT BY LOOKING CLOSER IT WASNT. PLEASE SUPPLY US WITH AT LEAST 3 COPIES ON SEPERATE RUNS YET USING THE SAME ORIGINAL.

Hansoon
05-29-2008, 07:35 PM
Ah, that reminds me, I once had a cracked drum drive gear causing the flywheel to spin separately on the shaft and causing weird effects in the copy. Hans

Custom Search