PDA

View Full Version : NEC IT45C6 (Bizhub C452) Data Light Flashes But Never Prints Out

Custom Search

Lepton
07-24-2015, 12:30 AM
07-23-2015
Lepton
NEC IT45C6 (Bizhub C452) Data Light Just Blinks When Print Job is Sent But No Print

This happened after someone tried to print from a flash drive. Computer attempts to make connection but says "TIME_WAIT" and nothing ever happens. Account Track was on but I turned it off and still I get the same issue. Happens even over a crossover. I initialized all network settings and re-entered them. I reflashed firmware and played around with all kinds of settings. It even happens when I use a program called PCLParaphernalia to send a PCL file directly to the printer over TCP port 9100. Even tried 515. Where is the data stored temporarily while printing? In some DRAM somewhere? Or on the hard drive? Surely it's the former.

It responds to pings and I can access the web page. There are no errors.

If anyone has any questions, ideas or advice, please let me know. Thanks!

NeoMatrix
07-24-2015, 12:39 AM
A friendly hint.
Avoid using the word "print" in your title. CTN converts all posts as html printout mode, and no one can reply to your post. I use Andriod so I get to see the post as normal html mode, and I can reply.

Lepton
07-24-2015, 01:03 AM
Wait, so it wasn't just that I used "Print" but it technically also would recognize "sjspvkavdprintsjxbsl" as "print"? That's bizarre, especially for a forum for copier/printer techs.

I will repost a little later. Sorry, just figured saying "Prints" would fix the issue. I'm used to languages like C where "print" and "prints" would be two completely different things.

Thanks for for letting me know.

JR2ALTA
07-24-2015, 02:05 AM
Does the job list indicate the jobs were deleted, if so, why?

You may need to do a full blown Initialization/Format with reload of firmware, movie data

copier addict
07-24-2015, 03:40 AM
Check the life counters. If something has reached full life it will not print.

JR2ALTA
07-24-2015, 04:05 AM
Good one. Yes someone may have updated the "End Life Message" to off, but forgot to change the "No Stop" feature

Lepton
07-24-2015, 04:36 PM
Would it still copy and print from the User Boxes like it does if it was an "End of Life" issue? Also, I have reloaded the firmware (several different versions and finally the newest version) 3 times to no avail. There are two "warnings" on the machine that we have never been able to get rid of but didn't seem to affect much of anything for the past 100,000 prints/copies or so. They are:

L-4: Drum unit/K accumulated rotationtime excess warning
• Count value for PC drum rotation time used for judging
drum unit/K life (the value for PC drum rotation distance
calculated into the rotation time) is above threshold
value for the excess warning (8,958 M).
• Printing with this warning being displayed is not
included in the image warranty.

P-14: Skew correction trouble

(Excerpts from the service manual--the IT45C6 manual appears to be all but identical to the C452)

Also, it does not indicate that the jobs are being deleted or even received at all. It never actually receives a job because the first job to be sent causes the data light to blink indefinitely and it doesn't allow me to enter Administrator Settings or Service Mode while this is happening. I have to power cycle the machine to get the light to stop blinking.

Mr Spock
07-24-2015, 11:53 PM
I had this on a c552 and I did the following and it worked for me

1 admin mode>system settings>user box settings>external memory settings turn all of these off
2 initialize the network settings
3 set for dhcp and reboot with the network cable unplugged
4 reboot with cable plugged in
5 reset the network settings to where they were
6 restore the external memory settings from step 1
7 reboot again

an end user tried to plug an iphone and print pictures from it in my case.

Lepton
07-26-2015, 05:30 AM
I had this on a c552 and I did the following and it worked for me

1 admin mode>system settings>user box settings>external memory settings turn all of these off
2 initialize the network settings
3 set for dhcp and reboot with the network cable unplugged
4 reboot with cable plugged in
5 reset the network settings to where they were
6 restore the external memory settings from step 1
7 reboot again

an end user tried to plug an iphone and print pictures from it in my case.

Thank you very much. I will try this on Monday. Today I spent 13 hours printing off a bunch of cardstock fliers for the customer because of this. I wish I would've checked this post last night or this morning! I will let you know on Monday whether or not it works. I am optimistic that it will, as it does seem to be some sort of enigmatic bug. Thanks again!

Lepton
07-27-2015, 04:40 PM
I'm sorry to report that it didn't work. Regardless, thank you very much for the advice!

Also, I tried a logical format of the HDD to no avail.

CompyTech
07-27-2015, 08:16 PM
I'm sorry to report that it didn't work. Regardless, thank you very much for the advice!

Also, I tried a logical format of the HDD to no avail.

Try to do "All Data Clear" just back up everything via page scope, cause this will wipe the machine back to factory settings. Had a similar issue on C280, this worked for me.

Custom Search