PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub Universal Driver -- Network Search not finding copier/printer

Custom Search

gzartman
07-28-2015, 08:55 AM
I bought a used bizhub C252 as a secondary printer. The printer has existing settings from the original owner and I think I've cleared out most of the settings or altered them to fit my network. I've set the IP address using DHCP. I installed the latest Universal Konica driver from the Konica Minolta site on my client machines and when I try to to a network search to find the printer, it doesn't find anything. However, I can manually connect to it using the manual setup option in the driver dialog.

I have another bizhub C252 and the network search function works fine to find the printer.

My question is this. Is there some setting somewhere in the printer that prevents the network search function from finding it using broadcast? If there is such a setting, then maybe the original owner shut it off.

Thanks,

Greg

copier addict
07-28-2015, 01:44 PM
The first thing I would do is delete the universal driver, it is a bloated piece of crap. Then install the PCL driver. Also, go into admin on the C252 and set the IP to manual input and put in an IP address.(you can use the one that is already there)

emujo
07-28-2015, 04:52 PM
I don't think the universal driver can search across subnets, and the c252 may be at a lower version of firmware then required. I believe the process uses SMNP so you may also want to verify that both 252s have the same SNMP versions available and that no changes were made to the public and private settings on the 252 in question. Although I agree that the PCL driver made for the C252 would usually be the better choice, there are many situations where the uni driver works well. I'm not sure KM has looked up the meaning of "universal" before they gave the driver that name..."one driver to control them all" would be a true universal driver...KM version doesn't really work that way. Emujo

allan
07-28-2015, 05:02 PM
Yes its not a true universal driver. The problem with the C252 drivers is W7 does not work.

Custom Search