PDA

View Full Version : Jamming pro 951 using ncr paper

Custom Search

majx75
07-28-2015, 03:52 PM
Hello, having constant issues with a pro 951 using ncr paper. the paper is run through an lct so it is a straight shot to the drum, no bend. the issue is a constant 7220 jam in the finisher. the paper is curling and getting caught on the exit of the finisher as the gate goes down. I have reduced the pressure of the fuser rollers and even reduced the fusing temp. works for a little while then jamming. there is more than a 10mm curl in the paper. I know the ncr is the big issue but this customer has been using it for years with the same supplier and no jamming. now, all it does is jam. losing my mind with the constant jamming. ant help or suggestions would be wonderful!!!!
Thanks!:confused::mad:

Tech Helpdesk
07-28-2015, 04:08 PM
NCR paper arghhh !!

First of all the machine does not support it ! also different types of NCR work differently.
What brand are you using ? We have found IDEM to be troublesome try Giroform or Xerox Premium Carbonless Digital Sheets.

Regards

majx75
07-28-2015, 04:20 PM
the 951 does support ncr. they are using appelton ncr xero/form II.

Tech Helpdesk
07-28-2015, 04:43 PM
As per the UK Product Guide the expected performance of NCR does not meet the required standards.

I have attached the guide for you.

blackcat4866
07-28-2015, 05:33 PM
I only have three words for you: Don't even try.

tech51
07-28-2015, 05:39 PM
Have you tried altering the de curl setting for the tray you're feeding from? Worked for me on some poor quality A3 recently. It may help, but as every one has said NCR isn't supported.

Synaux
07-29-2015, 12:30 AM
Might want to try having it output to the finisher face up (or face down--whatever is the opposite of what you were currently trying). This wont help the curling, but might help with the coating on the paper and the rollers.

Other things: what paper type are you printing it as? Try portrait/landscape modes.

Also, just because they are using the same stock, it doesn't mean that the stock is still produced the same--paper mills can be real douchenozzelers with their productions. Glatfelter makes an excellent carbonless stock--ExcelOne (NCR is a brand name by the way ; )

The other day, I tried to run some 10+ year old Zerox stock through a 601 and it would not work no matter what I did, went to a c252 no dice, went to a c650 would not run through any tray, went to another c650 and it would run out of bypass (all these machines have fairly new consumables and will run ExcelOne paper flawlessly) god only knows....

copier tech
12-12-2019, 02:19 PM
Hello, having constant issues with a pro 951 using ncr paper. the paper is run through an lct so it is a straight shot to the drum, no bend. the issue is a constant 7220 jam in the finisher. the paper is curling and getting caught on the exit of the finisher as the gate goes down. I have reduced the pressure of the fuser rollers and even reduced the fusing temp. works for a little while then jamming. there is more than a 10mm curl in the paper. I know the ncr is the big issue but this customer has been using it for years with the same supplier and no jamming. now, all it does is jam. losing my mind with the constant jamming. ant help or suggestions would be wonderful!!!!
Thanks!:confused::mad:

Sorry to highjack an old thread, but I have the exact same issue on 80gsm paper, the paper is curled up & catches on the exit.

I have see a paper curl setting on other models but cant find it on this Pro 951 when can I adjust the paper curl please?

emujo2
12-12-2019, 02:44 PM
The following NCR paper has been approved for use with Konica Minolta products.

Xero/FormŽ II from Appleton Papers in Wisconsin. Xero/FormŽ II is a vegetable-based product that works extremely well. E

raplma
12-13-2019, 08:12 AM
Not answering the OP question directly in terms of curl adjustment on a 951.
However, we run a lot of NCR, on machines past and present inc. c5501, c6501, c7000, and these are the tweaks we have done.
As we're UK based we use Giroform, which even though the options are vastly reduced these days in terms of weight and colours, seem to run fine.
We use collated sets as well as collating on press and inserting tab sheets etc. run simplex and duplex, numbered etc. and are yet to have that unprintable job.
However what runs one day doesn't the next, we have found humidity of the paper and environment makes a difference, so we keep humidity at around 30-35%.
We also found running it to output delivery Face up rather than face down makes a difference on some jobs, often depending on how much toner needs to be laid down
It depends which way it curls, if the sheet exits and then curls rolling clockwise back down to the exit, then running face up helps that.
If the sheet curls anti-clockwise as it exits the finisher then we put a couple of pieces of board (80mm square) on one side of the output tray which tends to stop the leading edge of the sheet flipping over.
These are jobs that I know not to hit print and hope to come back a few hours later and all is fine, they are fickle jobs, turn your head and something bites, especially when they are numbered.
Just a few thoughts from our experience.
Good luck
Mark

Custom Search