PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 554e toner is low message.

Custom Search

mbcruzin
07-28-2015, 05:06 PM
New 554e black and white machine with " Toner is low. Replace when indicated." message. Machine is new with latest Firmware as of today. Toner bottle is new OEM supply. Swapped out for another new OEM toner with no change.

Now with all that being said. This machine was opened previously for a Printer Control board, and it looks like some one had the MFP board out too. It looks like all of my connections ae made, and I'm not seeing anything out of place.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

allan
07-28-2015, 05:36 PM
It works with that chip on the bottle to reset. You can switch the message of in service mode just for a temp fix.
Look under [system 2] and [unit change] look for the toner option. Double check to see if it changed its got a little trick with the order you do things.

I would take a look at the contacts for the chip or the harness.

A last resort would be to clear the engine data under [system1] initialize .

Mr Spock
07-28-2015, 10:15 PM
special firmware gb8-k2 I believe (memory is shutdown for the day and computer not logged in) has been released this month for that issue.

EarthKmTech
07-29-2015, 10:24 AM
always check the contacts, they are crap and bend easily.

You can pull the little unit apart to correct them as I did today on this "toner low" C454e today.

Problem was solved as soon as the chip actually made proper contact.

No idea how this even occurred since they are protected on these machines, but it still happens.

If its not the contacts its usually the hopper. If the machine is convinced the toner bottle is low due to a hopper malfunction the chip will be written to and the toner will always remain in the "low" state till empty or replaced with a new one.

Hansoon
07-30-2015, 07:24 AM
Are these those same horrible flimsy contacts (KonicaMinolta calls them "Connector") #4136-6751-01 from the BH-160 and MC-25xx series? Dust is getting inside the black plastic under the contacts. No that easy to clean them inside without braking off the little plastic lugs. Hard to understand that they still use them for professional equipment.

If the machine is convinced the toner bottle is low due to a hopper malfunction the chip will be written to and the toner will always remain in the "low" state till empty or replaced with a new one.

So this will ruin the chip on a new cartridge as what happened to the BH-C-20 cartridges in the past?

Time to get some of those ICP fuses to revive the chips? *sigh*

Hans

copier addict
07-30-2015, 01:35 PM
Are these those same horrible flimsy contacts (KonicaMinolta calls them "Connector") #4136-6751-01 from the BH-160 and MC-25xx series? Dust is getting inside the black plastic under the contacts. No that easy to clean them inside without braking off the little plastic lugs. Hard to understand that they still use them for professional equipment.

So this will ruin the chip on a new cartridge as what happened to the BH-C-20 cartridges in the past?

Hans

It isn't as common as they are hinting, I have worked on KonMin colour machines for over ten years and I can remember two issues with these contacts.

EarthKmTech
07-30-2015, 01:45 PM
actually, its pretty common depending on how hamfisted the customer is.

I've repaired bent pins about half a dozen times this year alone on various models, I still don't know how they are doing it though.

I am dealing with morons that put A3 in A4 only LCT's and regularly install staple cartridges upside down and wonder why their highlighter colour is not the same in photocopies though....

CraigW
07-30-2015, 03:25 PM
Remember the old ones that had the metal covers......? Brilliant.

I tell folks to run the toner until the machine locks, then replace it.

allan
07-30-2015, 05:28 PM

Hans

Remember the C10?

Hansoon
07-31-2015, 05:49 AM
Remember the C10?

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHRGGG!!!

ALLAN! Why are you scaring me?

:D

Hans

Custom Search