PDA

View Full Version : C450 Document feeder Skew

Custom Search

Canon345
07-29-2015, 07:51 PM
I dont see these very often but ran into one the other day that has a bad skew. All I could find wrong with that when I open the cover and remove the 4 screws to that top cover I can see the main roller with the three grey rollers. On the other side sits the three white opposing rollers. These white rollers and lines of black dirt or toner stuck to them all around the rollers. I think that is what is causing the skew.

Question? It does not look easy to get to those white rollers. I looked in the service manual and they dont go into any detail about getting to those rollers. What is this like to clean these? Tricks? Thanks!

copier addict
07-29-2015, 07:55 PM
Have you tried doing skew adjustment using the hinge screws?
Sometimes these machines will start to sag at the front left corner of the scanner bed. Try lifting on the corner while you make a copy. If it improves give a sharp jerk upwards on the corner.

Canon345
07-30-2015, 06:39 PM
Have you tried doing skew adjustment using the hinge screws?
Sometimes these machines will start to sag at the front left corner of the scanner bed. Try lifting on the corner while you make a copy. If it improves give a sharp jerk upwards on the corner.

I actually did this trick on one of the old B/W machines and it worked. The thing with the C450 is that the copy is perfect off the glass but sucks using the feeder. I will check that out on the next visit.
Thanks!

copier addict
07-30-2015, 06:50 PM
I actually did this trick on one of the old B/W machines and it worked. The thing with the C450 is that the copy is perfect off the glass but sucks using the feeder. I will check that out on the next visit.
Thanks!

If the copies are straight when using the glass, the skew is from DF only. Is the paper feeding straight? Have you tried the skew adjustment using the hinge screws?

Canon345
07-30-2015, 09:24 PM
It is an extreme skew. No I did try that because the skew is so big. Customer didnt think it was worth correcting anyway since copy work is almost nothing anymore. ( glass copy work or landscape feed is good enough) Thanks for your help. I will try to sell him on a repair next time.

Custom Search