PDA

View Full Version : C552 cost per copy question

Custom Search

Thom
07-30-2015, 02:51 PM
Hi all,

I had a customer approach me and asked what the cost per page is for his KM c552 (over the past 9 years). I generally don't work with these machines and can give a generic answer for toner use, but I'd like to help him a little more. Does anyone know the average, generally speaking, to operate this machine? Thanks in advance!

Thom

allan
07-30-2015, 05:37 PM
Hi all,

I had a customer approach me and asked what the cost per page is for his KM c552 (over the past 9 years). I generally don't work with these machines and can give a generic answer for toner use, but I'd like to help him a little more. Does anyone know the average, generally speaking, to operate this machine? Thanks in advance!

Thom

This is very difficult to answer. It depends on the part and consumable cost. If you are with a dealership it could cost less than half of that of an independent supplier. And Half of the cost of the dealership if you are with an OEM company.

I would say about 7 million Zimbabwean dollars for B/W and about 90 million Zim dollars for color. It really depends on where you are.

Ask them for the last years expenses on the machine if they keep track of the counter and work it from there.
Or get someone close to you to get an accurate answer. Phone a dealership.

Is you customer looking into a new machine?

fixthecopier
07-30-2015, 09:55 PM
Depends on what the sales team sold it for. Most maintenance cost go up as the machine ages.

Thom
07-30-2015, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the responses...

It's a government agency that wants to justify their expenses or he has a boss that's curious, I wish I could get a straight answer from him(he's a lawyer and talks very wishy-washy what he needs it for). We have sold him the toners but not the fusers, drums etc...just want an answer that appeases him and his curiosity...

EarthKmTech
07-30-2015, 11:10 PM
There is no definite answer. Some machines put on contract actually loose money and this is more often than one might think.

I would price up all of the consumables, the expected page volumes at standard coverage and the labour required to change them. Also don't forget about unforeseen breakdowns etc.

konica7022
07-31-2015, 06:39 AM
1. he is a lawyer
2. there is no real way to figure out the exact cost

If they or you have all the invoices for toner & service

sum them up divide the by total no pf pages printed
make a table or graph in Excel and present it to him

through in an extra page for estimated Repair and Parts :D

he will be happy

Custom Search