PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C452 DF Multisheet feeds

Custom Search

ChrisG
07-30-2015, 04:03 PM
Have a problem machine that's been biting us for awhile. Every so often (not consistent at all) the DF will multisheet feed paper as it's running the originals but doesn't declare a jam. It might run 100 sheets perfectly then feed 2 at a time for maybe 2 or 3 times together then run flawlessly again. Never declares a jam.

All the usual suspects have been replaced, Sep assy. pressure spring, checked mylars, etc.

Has anyone else experienced this? Currently looking at the elevator lift for the original tray as an extreme outside shot in the dark but running out of ideas.

Chris
TJL COPY

allan
07-30-2015, 05:27 PM
I have had a couple of B552 where the sheet metal that holds the separation assy bends a bit. Before i did that you can change every thing relating to paper feed and separation with no luck. There is a spring adjustment as well.

copier addict
07-30-2015, 05:41 PM
Make sure the sep roller pressure spring is in the lowest notch. Also trim the mylar on the pre-sep pad back about 1-2mm.
I do this on every DF from the C352 up to the C360. Seems to stop the double feeding.
Hope this helps

ChrisG
07-30-2015, 06:11 PM
I have had a couple of B552 where the sheet metal that holds the separation assy bends a bit. Before i did that you can change every thing relating to paper feed and separation with no luck. There is a spring adjustment as well.

We have tried adjusting the spring pressure with no results. The metal plate itself does seem like it's bowed up in the middle but there's no replacement to be found in the parts book. The plate is there but no part number.

Best case scenario would be finding a good working DF that someone would be willing to sell but have had no luck in that either.

allan
07-30-2015, 07:19 PM
Try cutting the mylar like CA is suggesting. I have not tried that let us know if that works.

Custom Search