PDA

View Full Version : CQ C25 - Disable Colour Copying and Printing completely

Custom Search

Eugene74
08-04-2015, 12:18 PM
Hi all,Hopefully anybody would be able to assist me.Is it at all possible to disable colour printing/copying on a C25.Like the bigger machines, through user authentication, ect.I could only find authentication for printing, but nothing to disable the colour function.Your help would be appreciated.Eugene

EarthKmTech
08-04-2015, 12:40 PM
There is an option in administrator mode I believe or a soft switch setting I cant remember.

I've had customers ask this before and it is possible.

femaster
08-06-2015, 11:33 PM
I don't quite understand the logic here. If they didn't want color, why didn't they just get a B&W machine? Probably would have saved them a ton of cash up front and in the long run.

blackcat4866
08-07-2015, 12:01 AM
Also remember that it's still going to use a certain amount of color toner, regardless of if you're using it or not. It's going to do color calibrations, and if you let any of those color toners go empty, you will absolutely have have to install color toner if you want to print or copy anything, monochrome or otherwise. All the color toner is going to end up in the waste bottle, so why not use it, or buy a suitable monochrome device. I do not understand the logic of buying a color device then completely locking it out. =^..^=

Eugene74
08-07-2015, 08:02 AM
Also remember that it's still going to use a certain amount of color toner, regardless of if you're using it or not. It's going to do color calibrations, and if you let any of those color toners go empty, you will absolutely have have to install color toner if you want to print or copy anything, monochrome or otherwise. All the color toner is going to end up in the waste bottle, so why not use it, or buy a suitable monochrome device. I do not understand the logic of buying a color device then completely locking it out. =^..^=

My thoughts exactly....

But the customer always think about that when they already got the machine....

However thanks for all the advice, I only set the machine's driver to default black and hopefully they can live with that.

Thanks guys.

Eugene.

SmellsHot
08-07-2015, 12:40 PM
Tape a popsicle stick over the color button :)
I've almost had to do that

Custom Search