PDA

View Full Version : Konica/Minolta Bizhub 420 cannot scan

Custom Search

jasonemmg
05-28-2008, 09:57 PM
I have a Konica/Minolta bizhub 420.

I have been able to scan and e-mail documents from the copier to my PC and others in the office.

For some reason or other today I am only able to scan to e-mail not to the "scan docs" folder set up on my PC or others.

HELP PLEASE!!!

Jason

bgbas
05-28-2008, 10:20 PM
What kind of scanning? FTP to a shared server folder? SMB? Box Operator?

jasonemmg
05-29-2008, 02:15 PM
I am scanning SMB to a shared folder on my PC. It worked 2 weeks ago when I last needed to scan a document.

I have scan to e-mail set up for myself so I used that yesterday until I fix the scanning.

Thank you!

NotByChoice
05-29-2008, 04:39 PM
Do you get any error messages?

If you changed your network password you will have to re-enter it. You can do so with a web browser by going to http://the-printers-IP

If the computers hostname or IP changed you will have to update that as well.

Check all the network settings and make sure it's all correct.

Check the permissions on the folders on the computers and make sure that appropriate rights are given so the scanner can access it.

jasonemmg
05-29-2008, 04:48 PM
I am getting a message "job not done properly". I spoke to a support person, they suggested also going through the setting on both the copier and my PC as well as others.

dogsbody
05-30-2008, 10:30 AM
go to the job list, press scan, press history, find an smb scan that didn't work and press detail, here you find error details like login error, server connect error, folder cannot be found etc. when you find this you have a place to start troubleshooting.

jasonemmg
05-30-2008, 02:20 PM
Thank you to all for your assistance.

Yesterday afternoon the copier decided to scan documents once again???

Jason

NotByChoice
05-30-2008, 04:05 PM
Must be a network issue then

Thank you to all for your assistance.

Yesterday afternoon the copier decided to scan documents once again???

Jason

Custom Search