Custom Search

darry1322
08-05-2015, 07:49 PM
darry1322
Bizhub C350 / Poor copies, good print

"ronpfid
2 Attachment(s)

This one acts like it just can't calibrate it's gradient right...
Prints good, but when you copy something, it reads/prints lighter areas poorly. Like it's calling light colors as not there.

Printed a test page, looked good, but when copied, looks like this, looks same on glass or in adf.
Ran gradient calibration twice, no change. Any thoughts?

When you use the word print in the subject line the board software formats your post in a printable view which keeps others from answering.

When trying to correct your post, I did the same thing by copying your subject line.

Trying again. :) Adding an s to the end of print solves this problem.

Make sure your optics are clean then run the Gradation adjustments.

ronpfid
08-05-2015, 09:08 PM
Thanks! I wondered why mine looked so weird, not like a normal thread, hopefully someone will answer now, thanks again!
I attached samples here, can you delete those other threads?

darry1322

"ronpfid
2 Attachment(s)

This one acts like it just can't calibrate it's gradient right...
Prints good, but when you copy something, it reads/prints lighter areas poorly. Like it's calling light colors as not there.

Printed a test page, looked good, but when copied, looks like this, looks same on glass or in adf.
Ran gradient calibration twice, no change. Any thoughts?

When you use the word print in the subject line the board software formats your post in a printable view which keeps others from answering.

When trying to correct your post, I did the same thing by copying your subject line.

Trying again. :) Adding an s to the end of print solves this problem.

Make sure your optics are clean then run the Gradation adjustments.

darry1322
08-05-2015, 09:35 PM
I attached samples here, can you delete those other threads?

Deleting posts is above my pay grade here ... can't even delete my own screw-up.

If the internal prints are ok, then make sure the optics are clean and run Gradation adjustments. I would also clean the LED print heads as well even though they would cause problems with print outs as well as copies.

ronpfid
08-06-2015, 04:55 PM
Thanks, it's weird, I did clean the optics, but oddly it does this with ADF or on the glass so would have to be something with the scanner itself or more likely, something in how it processes what it sees. I was hoping there was some other calibration function besides the gradient even though gradient is where it's having it's issues. It can print light grey fine, but if it scans light grey, it's either really light and blotchy or just not there, like it can't decide if it's grey or white.

minimerlin
08-06-2015, 07:01 PM
From looking at your thumb pictures I would go for a very dirty LED array. Use glass cleaner on a rag and give a good scrub.....works wonders.

ronpfid
08-06-2015, 07:17 PM
Will try, but quick question, wouldn't the printed pages also look like that if the LED was dirty? Self test pages look right, but when you copy them, then they look like that.

copyman
08-07-2015, 01:00 PM
Well you have it narrowed to the scanner part of the copier since internal prints are good. I would re-seat all the connectors for the CCD (lens) unit under glass. make sure all mirrors are in place. Also check that the little plastic feet on mirror assembly are all there. These feet ride on rails as the mirrors move back and forth. I just had the same problem on a C253 because one of the feet came off when copier was moved.

ronpfid
08-07-2015, 04:49 PM
oh wow, same issue? That sounds promising then. I'll go there today and do that. So this would be 'remove the glass' to check those feet? I haven't dug into this area on one of these before, I'm thinking your saying what the scanner rides on?

copyman
08-07-2015, 04:54 PM
You will need to remove the glass to check everything I suggested. The "feet" are small round plastic pieces on mirror holders that ride on a rail as the scanner cable moves the mirrors back and forth.

darry1322
08-07-2015, 05:13 PM
oh wow, same issue? That sounds promising then. I'll go there today and do that. So this would be 'remove the glass' to check those feet? I haven't dug into this area on one of these before, I'm thinking your saying what the scanner rides on?

If you haven't removed the glass, you haven't cleaned the optics.

ronpfid
08-07-2015, 05:13 PM
OK, thanks, that's what I thought you were saying but wanted to make sure the mirrors were the same thing as a the scanner assmb. that rides on the rails. Will try all these tips, thanks to everyone!

darry1322
08-07-2015, 05:23 PM
OK, thanks, that's what I thought you were saying but wanted to make sure the mirrors were the same thing as a the scanner assmb. that rides on the rails. Will try all these tips, thanks to everyone!

The mirrors are part of the optics. Make sure they are clean. Sometimes a haze will develop on the mirrors that causes blurry copies.

ronpfid
08-07-2015, 05:31 PM
Right, have not cleaned the scanner optics on this yet. I've only cleaned the imaging areas.

allan
08-08-2015, 09:48 AM
The machine needs new IU's.

ronpfid
08-10-2015, 05:06 PM
Taking the glass off and cleaning the mirrors did seem to help. The feet/standoffs were ok on the scanner, thanks to all, for all the help!

Custom Search