PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Bizhub c224 exit jams on A3

Custom Search

copier tech
08-05-2015, 09:07 PM
Hi all, I've got a c224 without a finisher that basically doesn't exit A3 paper without curling up & poorly stacking the prints, this I believe causes a 3205 jam if left unattended as the sheets pile up & curl etc.

I seem to remember seeing a modification for this, a change in the shape of the top cover/exit tray that improves the print stacking etc?????

I guess the root cause is poor quality paper but I would like to order this modified exit tray if possible.

blackcat4866
08-05-2015, 10:19 PM
Sad to say, we saw this exact same issue with the C360 and 423, all of which had 527 finishers. In each case, the paper curled up into little scrolls once it hit the exit tray, some of which pushed off onto the floor. By the third call of this type, I brought a ream of ledger sized paper to the call. I would run a some of their paper to confirm the issue, then run out the entire ream of fresh paper without a hitch. They didn't like it, of course, but it's hard to argue with that logic. =^..^=

allan
08-06-2015, 03:24 AM
I had some success with this by dropping the fuser temp with 5 degrees.

copier tech
08-06-2015, 11:00 AM
Thanks, I have seen this on the c280 series, thought I remembered seeing a modified exit tray cover.

I tried lowering the fuser temp no change. I will advice them to switch to 100gsm for A3 paper that will help i'm sure.

Custom Search