PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 350 Phantom Jam Tray 1

Custom Search

richmods
08-06-2015, 07:59 PM
I have an old bizhub 350 with 225K on it that jams in tray 1. I should clarify that the paper never leaves the tray. Tray 2 works fine. I started by replacing separation roller, feed wheels, and both one way bearings. That didn't help so I then replaced the pickup clutch assembly (I think that's what is called) on the back wall and that didn't help either. The elevator motor works fine. The only thing I can find in the service manual suggest it could be the sync roller sensor or the vert transport sensor. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

ck1
08-07-2015, 09:09 AM
Did you try change the small clutch at feed roller ? try it

copyman
08-07-2015, 12:49 PM
Do you have the closure mod installed for tray 1? On right side of paper tray is a white piece that hold paper tray closed. The new style is black with a spring.

Also on top of paper tray there is a small square that contacts paper feed roller pressure arm, if you build this up about 1/4" it will put more pressure on pick up roller. I use a double sided tape, etc to build up.

Hope this helps.

allan
08-07-2015, 03:44 PM
There is a lever on the feed unit that drops the pickup tyres if the tray is closed.
That lever can break off. To test if its the tray that's not closing press the tray in by hand and see what happens.
Its also easy to forget the connectors on the clutch assy if it was removed.

copier addict
08-07-2015, 05:47 PM
Also, check the paper tray where it latches to machine. It is likely cracked. There is a reinforce plate available from KonMin to fix this. I think the part# is 4030P00100

richmods
08-11-2015, 04:23 PM
Also, check the paper tray where it latches to machine. It is likely cracked. There is a reinforce plate available from KonMin to fix this. I think the part# is 4030P00100

Thanks all for your input. I have tried most of your suggestions but copier addict may be onto something here. Heading back there tomorrow to investigate further.

fixthecopier
08-11-2015, 10:43 PM
Every bizhub we had broke the top and sometimes the second tray. Remove the front piece that has the handles. The one right above the tray. This will give you a small crack in which you can see in the tray to see what is moving.

JR2ALTA
08-12-2015, 02:04 AM
A bad registration clutch will not "jam" per se. But it will give you frequent false "Add paper" messages which stops the copy process

ck1
08-12-2015, 02:43 AM
You can try swap the full unit and see. ( my bh350 also got this issue after swap unit ok )

but one way clucth get this issue

Custom Search