PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C360 Cannot Scan to SMB 2008R2 Server

Custom Search

copierwhisper
08-07-2015, 03:54 PM
I just installed seven C360, they took the place of C353's. The old machines scanned to folders on their 2008R2 Server, but the C360 is giving a login error. Any ideas? This is what the IT person said:
I did some further testing and it appears that the C360s are having issues authenticating to the 2008R2 servers. I tried to change the SMB authentication protocol from v1 to v1/v2, but it’s still not working correctly. I also tested on some of the other 2008 servers they have and replicated the same issue. If needed I can create a workaround, but would prefer getting it working correctly if possible.

emujo
08-07-2015, 04:02 PM
Login error would indicate that the MFP can connect with the server, but is being denied based upon permissions. How did you back up and push the old 353 one touches to the new machine? If you didn't use pagescope data admin, then it's possibly a bad password. I would start at the control panel and create a new one touch using the MFPs ability to browse out to the network...Once you see the sever you are trying to access, the MFP should pop up a user name and password field. Enter the correct info and if it works, you should see exactly what folders the server is truly sharing. Also, you may have to change the domain name info under the SMB settings in ADMIN/NETWORK/SMB. This should not have a .XXX extension. Emujo

Custom Search