PDA

View Full Version : C3350 papercut embedded

Custom Search

wseyller
08-07-2015, 05:53 PM
Has anyone used the C3350 on papercut with the i-option and memory upgrade to get the embedded interface.

If so is it stable for you. Seems challenging getting it managed without errors. I can make it work but it is painful.

I have used the standard interface for a long time without problems.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

wseyller
08-28-2015, 02:09 AM
So far I have tried 3 different papercut servers and two different C3350. So far not working right.

Currently I setup my laptop as a papercut server connected directly to the 2nd copier using cat5 cable.

This is a problem with the embedded with i-option interface only. Standard UI works perfect.

When adding the device in papercut or making changes the status will show "connection confirmed with i-option" but the control panel shows "please wait" for what seems forever. I finally just use the sub power off then back on and the papercut interface shows up just fine after.

The real problem is when using the card swipe. Happens with both AU-201H or AU-205H model reader. After swiping card you get an error on the papercut interface of the copier "Unable to Unlock Device, please try again".

There have been times I've got it to work, just takes many tries and alot of finesse. But after a day or after some period of time I eventually gives the Unlock device error.

Also when trying to delete the device from papercut if gives error and is hard to remove.

Latest firmware 607-W99, with sub controller 607-899, and engine firmware 1800

It was suggest to me to change softswitch 25 from hex value 00 to 10 which did nothing.

Still working on figuring this out. Just wanted to post this in case anyone else is going through the same situation. I will post when I find out more.

EarthKmTech
09-26-2015, 01:02 PM
Got 4 of these going into a paper cut environment next week.

Not sure if using web browser version interface though, would not surprise me.

wseyller
09-26-2015, 02:45 PM
I have been working with papercut support for quite a while now dealing with this "unable to unlock device" error using the i-option interface.

I have been testing and sending debug logs for a month now. I believe they are involving Konica Minolta now and they say they are gonna try testing in-house so as to relieve me of all the time I'm having to spend on this.

The "unable to unlock device" error only happens when doing card swipe. Username/pass and identity number works fine. Strangely swipe will work if you leave show account confirmation checked, but we never like to leave it checked.

It is glitchy as hell with i-option interface overall. If after making a change and device status show connection confirmed the display might be stuck on "please wait". Pressing sub power off then on will bring papercut interface back.

If using the standard interface you should have no problem except possible when using papercut 15.2 which has a issue with the C3350. Better to use 15.1. You might receive an error about pullprint app in slot #2 not found error in device status. Papercut found out about it when looking through all my debug logs. Then I experience the pullprint issue on a new install I did shortly after. I had to downgrade to 15.1 to resolve. Papercut will fix this in next release.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

EarthKmTech
09-27-2015, 08:07 AM
very informative post, thanks for that.

I will let you know the scenario when I do the install, sounds like they are going to have a solution soon enough anyway.

wseyller
07-12-2016, 03:15 PM
This issue still seems to exist. C3350 with i-option is stable without card reader for a few months but now customer wants card readers. Latest everything, firmware, Papercut 16.1 and loadable driver with au-205h.

Get the unable to unlock device.

Anyone else successful

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

emujo
07-12-2016, 04:46 PM
I recently installed this in our demo room, C3350 with AU-205H, and latest version of papercut MF. Running same firmware and LDD with no errors. I am not using the additional memory as it is not required for I-option. EMujo

wseyller
07-12-2016, 05:33 PM
I recently installed this in our demo room, C3350 with AU-205H, and latest version of papercut MF. Running same firmware and LDD with no errors. I am not using the additional memory as it is not required for I-option. EMujo

I am wondering if the type of prox cards make a difference too. The one customer has a mixture and have mentioned that one card does work while a couple others don't. All cards will self associate ok. the error happens on swipe to login.

I have someone from KMBS that is gonna try and test it out for me.

Synthohol
07-12-2016, 06:45 PM
Had an issue similar to this a year ago. Turns out if you only enable card logon and disable keyboard logon on the papercut server all was right with the program.
May be something to try.
Good luck.

wseyller
07-12-2016, 08:38 PM
This customer uses a four digit pin code so they wouldnt go for that. I also have ACDI ticket and they are looking into it also.

wseyller
07-13-2016, 05:29 AM
I decided to take the support ticket emails from 9/2015 and shorten them into a PDF to read. I removed all the contact info, email headers and such. Still BEWARE it is very long. Only recommended for Papercut Nerds to read through.

Emujo: do you have the "show account confirmation" enable on your demo server. Even I haven't really read entirely through all of the information I attached but there were mentions of were this settings may have affected some things. These are all my words but this was many months ago and I have to refresh my own memory of this ticket.

One sentence from the attachment: In this case card swipe works with show account confirmation. I have noticed everytime we try this there is a glitch. The glitch only seems to happen after the first swipe after creating the device. On first swipe it shows account approved. Press ok and it goes to the copier menu screen. After one or two seconds it goes back the the papercut login screen. The next card logins seem to work without thathappening.

wseyller
09-14-2016, 12:57 AM
So I visited this account again. I upgraded to version 16.2.37799 latest stable version. This did not help and I also factory reset the device. Error also happens connect to papercut on laptop.

I had the card sample sent in to verify good compatibility with device and card reader.

We have always unchecked account confirmation with all customers.
I found that if I leave account confirmation unchecked i get the same unable to unlock error. Even with my own personal cards which I have 3 different ones. Self association will always work but not login with card.

But if I do have account confirmation check the issue never appears.

I upgraded my laptop to early release 16.3. Problem is the same except instead of the error I get "please wait" which doesn't go away. If I turn on account confirmation then no issue on 16.3 either.

Being able to have account confirmation off is a important for most of our clients.

sparks45
09-14-2016, 09:05 AM
Do you have access to the Konica FTP site? there is now special solutions firmware that all devices running solutions should have. I have seen issues with the 3350 with safecom and pcounter embedded with logging in and card readers etc where the solutions firmware has resolved it.

wseyller
09-15-2016, 01:23 AM
Do you have access to the Konica FTP site? there is now special solutions firmware that all devices running solutions should have. I have seen issues with the 3350 with safecom and pcounter embedded with logging in and card readers etc where the solutions firmware has resolved it.
Yeah I'll check that out next time I'm over there.

chungccm
12-27-2016, 01:29 PM
I have a similar case in Hong Kong, after we install the PaperCut MF 16.3.38126 and Bizhub C3350 (with additional memory and LK101v3). I already installed the latest firmware in bizhub C3350, but the MFP can't to wake up after the machine "sleep" overnight. I use "PING" command to test the C3350, but the MFP cannot reply back.

Moreover, the C3350 can't to release the print job after the user swipe the IC card (using AU205H) in sometimes. the MFP is blinking the data indicator (blue LED) continually, but the MFP no any response (press "Access" or "MENU" key) or print out.

Can you share the experience or firmware version to fix this issue?

Thank You!

Custom Search