PDA

View Full Version : BH C452 connectivity troubles after one week of installation

Custom Search

Desert Rat
08-11-2015, 06:14 AM
I'm so stressed I got the model number wrong, it is the BH C360 model. Opps.

This install is really getting to be challenging. I know enough about networking to be dangerous.

Here's what going on: I installed this machine last week and their IT people installed it on their network.
It worked as advertised for a week. This morning I got the news that it was not working.

The machine gives the customer this message, "unable to connect to auth. device. Check connection and
turn power off and on."
What is the machine trying to tell us?

My customer tells me "hoping this is not a problem with the machine internally but it doesn’t appear it was factory
reset before we got it because it has setting for dishnetwork on it still too?? Is that the old owner of the machine?"

My customer also reported this, "Scanner’s not working for anyone but I did get a scan to come through to me after logging in online and re-typing in the network password but when I clicked on the scan that appeared in my scan folder it's corrupt it says error opening file damaged."

What can I do from here? I am totally lost on the network end.
I will be there tomorrow morning to install a 2 drawer cabinet and the inside panel.

I can provide my cell number if someone is willing to call and help. I know I'm asking a lot.

Thanks

DR

allan
08-11-2015, 06:44 AM
Does the machine have a card reader or a finger vein reader on it? If you go to Billing mode in service mode there is a function management tab, It seems like one the card vendor mode is set to on.

Desert Rat
08-11-2015, 07:15 AM
Allan,
Thanks for the fast reply. That came up in my conversation with their IT tech today.
For some reason I got the impression that it use to have one but I did not see or may be
realize what it was.
I followed your link to see what I was looking for, didn't see anything like that on the machine
but may be the setting is still on?

Tell me all about it? How do I turn it off?

Thanks

DR

allan
08-11-2015, 07:27 AM
Its easy. Goto service mode.
Press reset to make sure your not in any menus.
Press "stop" "9" and your in billing mode.
Goto management function choice.
Select "unset"

It could be that the card reader is on there but someone unpluged it from its USB port.

Desert Rat
08-11-2015, 02:50 PM
:)
Allan,
You must have been up later than I was last night.
Thanks for that info. I seem to recall seeing the billing mode
in the book. I will take your advice when I get there today.

Thanks for burning the mid-night oil

DR

blackcat4866
08-11-2015, 03:27 PM
It would be unusual for the management function to change settings without a little human intervention. Do you have a business competitor that would like you to look bad? This would be a simple way to lock out all you users with just a few button presses. =^..^=

Desert Rat
08-12-2015, 03:18 PM
Allan,
I did find an icon in the billing mode set. It had to do with print billing. I unset that one, and it was the only one
set. I guess I should have checked all the option because it is still doing this.

Here's what I did yesterday: Their IT tech had it working, I installed a lower cabinet with two more trays and
the inside panel with the front door hinges.

When I powered it up I got that message unable to connect to auth. device. At this point I unset the icon in billing
cycled the power and no message. Asked the customer to print from 3 different printers and send a scan.
All went well. Later that day the problem returned.
Blackcat,
I don't believe a competitor got in there and changed anything. They would have to be waiting around the corner
for me to leave and I don't think the customer would've let them in to the copier.

I am going back today to meet with there IT tech to see if we can figure this out.
At this point the sale of two items is at risk.

I also sold them an HPCLJ5550. It gave a message that it did not have enough disk space to store job in printer.
The printer tech tells me there is not a hard drive in the machine. I have contacted him for one.

This is getting sticky with a customer I've had for a couple of years.

Thanks

DR

allan
08-12-2015, 06:00 PM
Format the HDD? Clear machine settings? That setting can't change itself. Are you letting the machine rest for 10 seconds before switching back on again. But that does not make sense. Are u using anything like papercut or Ysoft where it can be configured via API? Not that i think that is supposed to be possible.

Create a CE password just for fun.
Let us know what's up with that.:confused:

Look under "firmware" i think screen number 4 for Loadable device driver. Post what is listed there and we can figure out what it's looking for.

Desert Rat
08-12-2015, 08:46 PM
Allan,
Here is what I see on screen 4 under firmware:

Colume1

1) LCT there is not an LCT installed on this unit
2) Loadable driver
3) DSC 1
4) DSC 2

Colume 2

1) finisher
AOV 70YO-0071-G01-05 11CA
2) EMPTY
3) EMPTY
4) SD

That's all I see on screen 4.

Thanks Allan for all your time

DR

allan
08-12-2015, 08:49 PM
Ok so no device driver loaded.

Desert Rat
08-12-2015, 08:52 PM
:confused: and that means??

allan
08-12-2015, 09:16 PM
If there is no loadable device driver showing there it means that there was no authentication device loaded there. So it probably means that there is not supposed to be an authentication unit installed.

Like a sound card on a computer the AU needs a driver to work. You can plug in a USB keyboard on the newer machines, it comes with the driver.

blackcat4866
08-12-2015, 10:26 PM
I suppose it's possible that some odd data is hitting the MFP, but I can't imagine this result. To reduce the possibility that it's network related, your friendly local IT can set up a router with MAC address filtering. Essentially it's allowing through only data that comes from a white list of acceptable senders. Everything else is blocked. It's not that difficult to do, and definitive. =^..^=

allan
08-12-2015, 11:18 PM
I suppose it's possible that some odd data is hitting the MFP, but I can't imagine this result. To reduce the possibility that it's network related, your friendly local IT can set up a router with MAC address filtering. Essentially it's allowing through only data that comes from a white list of acceptable senders. Everything else is blocked. It's not that difficult to do, and definitive. =^..^=

And openAPI requires SSL.

Desert Rat
08-13-2015, 02:19 PM
There IT tech spent a couple of hours on their network day before yesterday and their network has been fine.
It would let them do a couple of scans then stop working with the messages I've posted.
We were able to shut down and unplug the machine then reconnect & pwr up. All the settings held. Except one.
I don't know what he did, but it wasn't related to anything I did or didn't do.
Come to find out they have been working with this networking company for a couple of weeks and the tech told
me he was not that familiar with copier settings or where to find them.

I gave the tech the web address for this board so he can learn more about the copier end of his business.

At any rate it looks like it's fixed. I'll see if I can find out what he did to make it work.

Thanks for all the good info and suggestions. You guys and gals help me keep my sanity and confidence.

Thanks

DR

Custom Search