PDA

View Full Version : C552 - How reset black dev unit ???

Custom Search

STACVB
08-11-2015, 09:42 AM
Hello,
can you tell me how reset the counter of the black developer ?
I changed the developer, always with the same message on the screen.

thanks (and sorry for my english)

EarthKmTech
08-11-2015, 10:39 AM
drum and developer are not reset in service mode, they have new article detection devices which auto reset the life on installation.

If it genuinely is a new one you've installed, its defective and yes, I've had this before with both developing units and drums.

If a new dev unit is left in that does not reset, it will result in a TCR error code, guaranteed, so put the old one back in there.

copier tech
08-11-2015, 05:38 PM
Did you replace the developer unit or just the developer powder!?

allan
08-11-2015, 06:02 PM
You can chip that thing.

copier tech
08-11-2015, 08:49 PM
Don't even need to chip it, you can turn off the warning in service mode.

STACVB
08-12-2015, 07:28 AM
Did you replace the developer unit or just the developer powder!?

Developer unit only !

M3HR4N
08-12-2015, 12:41 PM
I've got a problem like that. Is there really any way to turn off the unit life warnings in service mode?
I tried firmware the machine before but it did not work.

copier tech
08-12-2015, 01:22 PM
Yes! Update the firmware then set softswitch 51 HEX to F0 & switch 55 to 0C
Also set NOSTOP in system2 page 2
This turns off all image unit, fuser & itb warnings, all you'll see is L- p codes.

allan
08-12-2015, 06:10 PM

It needs to initialize the developer. You risk under or over toning the machine and the eventual C2557/8 error code.
There is also a chance that the bias value changes with aging.

Find the ICP and and replace it. Its a very small surface mount component and takes super skill to change.

emujo
08-12-2015, 07:17 PM
All this info is well and good, but the guy replaced the developer for a reason...masking the end of life settings won't account for this kind of maintenance, these settings are to allow "run until failure"...when it fails it should be replaced with a new unit. Re-Chipping forces the MFP to believe the unit is new, which its not, and putting a new drum and or replacing developer affects CQ because the MFP still thinks there is X number of impressions on the part. I don't think this is true for a fuser section as we are not adjusting bias/charge settings based on number of pages through the unit. Just my 2 cents...Emujo

STACVB
08-17-2015, 02:19 PM
Hello,
I changed the unit simply because the copier demanded a change of this unit !
thank you for your contribution, wait and see.

Custom Search