PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine Error message: bizhub C224e

Custom Search

verissimo lobato
08-11-2015, 12:14 PM
I have one mfp bizhub c22e, it was being fixed by me . but now when I switch on the machine , is says : this is invalid externeal memory, please make sure the external memory. and I tried ti update the firmware in panel says N.G

SmellsHot
08-11-2015, 12:37 PM
It doesn't recognize your thumb drive. Try another one. Make sure you are loading firmware in the service port too

copier tech
08-11-2015, 05:30 PM
Yes, this model only seems to accept up to a 2gb thumb drive, even then some brands it won't like!

emujo
08-11-2015, 05:55 PM
If you are getting that message at power on, then you must have a problem with the firmware service port...sounds like you have accidently plugged something into the firmware port.. The MFP will boot properly with the port open and nothing inserted, but if you have a USB keyboard or any other USB device( not loaded with the correct firmware) plugged in at power on the MFP will try to read the device and will give you that message. If you are getting the message during normal operation, then it is just a problem with the thumb drive, and we have used 16gb drives with success, the problem is with drives that have multiple partitions, or security features (like U3)...These are problematic and will not be read properly. Emujo

allan
08-11-2015, 06:05 PM
Check the USB ports nothing must be plugged in.
What did you attempt on the machine?

copier addict
08-11-2015, 06:14 PM
You also have to make sure the firmware is loaded onto the thumb drive properly

nicabocca
08-12-2015, 04:27 AM
I have had these before. We normally just use a different branded flash drive or some techs have accidentally plugged it into a standard port and not the service usb port.

EarthKmTech
08-12-2015, 02:09 PM
I use an 8gb flash drive. It's fast and it gives me no problems on any machine.

it is metal too, so survives being crushed in the tool bag too without so much as a scratch.

Kingston USB Flash Drive Datatraveler DT SE9 Metal Ring Capless PC MAC 8GB DTSE9 | eBay (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/KINGSTON-USB-FLASH-DRIVE-DATATRAVELER-DT-SE9-METAL-RING-CAPLESS-PC-MAC-8GB-DTSE9-/201006201932?hash=item2ecce73c4c)

Custom Search