PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous GQ4-09 CAC Firmware for 364e, only one USB drive works!

Custom Search

giddyupngo
08-14-2015, 06:08 AM
Hi everyone,
We are loading special firmware on a LARGE number of 364e copiers. GQ4-09 is special firmware for CAC authentication, made for the Department of Defense. We are upgrading to K5 first, then we try to load this special firmware. We tried a number of different USB drives, and the only one that works is a single Verbatim 2 GB drive. We bought some new Verbatim 4 GB drives, and they load the firmware, except the Controller piece which would be "NG". Oddly enough the one that works is FAT formatted, not FAT32 formatted as the manual specifies. I have another identical verbatim 2GB drive, which also will not load the controller piece, all loads except "Controller NG". We have the one that works, but wondering if anyone else has had this experience? We would like to make a few more to make this job faster. Strangely enough all the drives load the K5 firmware fine with no problem, including the new ones. The new drives had a "simple-lock" encryption feature, but we were hoping that would not cause an issue after we formatted them. I tried my matching drive in FAT and FAT32, same thing, controller NG.
I did read a post from emujo to try the HP formatting tool instead of the windows one. I had not heard that before, will try tomorrow. Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

emujo
08-14-2015, 02:21 PM
We use Kingston 8 GB USB drives. The only time they don't work is if they are used for something like Fiery software loading tools. Formatting does not get the drive back to truly blank status. Scandisk had that U3 program that you had to go to their website to remove, possibly your drives have the same issue...Emujo

giddyupngo
08-21-2015, 07:36 PM
Thanks Emujo, I guess we were barking up the wrong tree. One of our guys had a corrupted version of the firmware on his laptop, and all the drives were made from that copy. For some reason one of the ones that was made worked. I downloaded a fresh zip file, and now ALL the USB drives we have work for this firmware. I am going to hold on to that HP format tool though, it does seem to have more functionalilty.

rrrohan
08-22-2015, 11:47 AM
Thanks Emujo, I guess we were barking up the wrong tree. One of our guys had a corrupted version of the firmware on his laptop, and all the drives were made from that copy. For some reason one of the ones that was made worked. I downloaded a fresh zip file, and now ALL the USB drives we have work for this firmware. I am going to hold on to that HP format tool though, it does seem to have more functionalilty.

Check SUM

Custom Search