PDA

View Full Version : Konica/Minolta DI470 CARD OF NET PROBLEM

Custom Search

IVANZUKI
05-29-2008, 03:03 PM
HELLO

I HAVE A MINOLTA DIALTA 470, WHEN I PLACE THE CARD OF NET IN IT SCHEMES IT IT GENERATES ME THE REPORT AND IT ALLOWS ME TO PRINT, BUT WHEN CHANGING THE CARD OF NET TO ANOTHER IT SCHEMES OF THE SAME CHARACTERISTICS IT DOESN'T GENERATE ME THE REPORT AND NEITHER I CAN PRINT WHICH WILL BE SINCE THE CAUSE OF THIS PROBLEM BOTH YOU SCHEME THEY ARE SAME

FOR THE HELP THANK YOU:confused:

MARIA TERESA
05-29-2008, 06:59 PM
IVANZUKI I HAVE THE SOME PROBLEM :mad:

Apostolis
06-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Each time the Pi5501/4700e print controller is restarted a NIC boot-up configuration report will be printed. This
may be considered a security issue because important configuration information is listed. Some customers also
have reported this as nuisance because paper is being used unnecessarily.
CAUSE:
Printing of the NIC boot-up configuration report is part of the normal start up of the Pi3502 or Pi5501 print
controller. It is the primary way of assuring that the print controller is starting properly and provides valuable
information on IP address utilization and Controller firmware revisions.
SOLUTION:
If you are installing the Pi3502 or Pi5501 print controllers on a network that you would like to disable the NIC bootup
configuration report, you will need to run the executable file "cnf_chng.exe". This executable program will
enable or disable the print controller NIC boot-up configuration report. The "cnf_chng.exe" file is available as an
attachment associated with this document on PartnerLink.MinoltaUSA.com.
PROCEDURE:
1. The executable file must be run from a PC (Windows 2000, NT4.0, 98, or Me) that is on the same network
as the print controller.
2. Note what the IP address is of the Pi3502 or Pi5501 print controller from the NIC boot-up configuration
report.
3. Run the executable file "cnf_chg.exe" from the command prompt of the PC with the following syntax:
cnf_chng (space) <IP address of the target print controller> (enter)
Example: If the print controller was assigned the IP address 10.15.15.91 the syntax would be: cnf_chng (space)
10.15.15.91 (enter)
4. The screen will respond with: Current Value: <disabled> Do you want to change the current value to
<disable>?: y/n
5. Type Y (enter) to change the setting.
6. The screen will respond with "Success!"
7. Re-boot the printer/print controller.
8. Verify that the print controller NIC boot-up configuration report prints or does not print per your setting.

you can download the file ''cnf_chng'' from here:
Konica Minolta Knowlegebase (http://207.194.48.151/intranet2/view.php?sess=0&action=file_details&id=2716&parent=2047&expand=1&order=smodified&sortname=ASC)

good luck-Apostolis

Custom Search