PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C220 Format HDD

Custom Search

bayshoreoe
08-14-2015, 07:24 PM
Customer had this machine donated, non profit organization. When turned on display reads
"Reset the encryption passphrase or format the HDD"
Was the HDD removed, or is there a way around this? How do you format HDD?
Not that familiar with color Konica.

Brian

allan
08-14-2015, 07:53 PM
press the "utility" button
press "administrator settings" password 12345678
look for "security setting"
Goto "HDD settings"
Then do format.

emujo
08-14-2015, 09:27 PM
If you get the same message after you try this, then the HDD may have been swapped out..You will need to do a physical format of the drive through service mode, then a logical format, also through service mode. Emujo

EarthKmTech
08-15-2015, 01:48 AM
If you get the same message after you try this, then the HDD may have been swapped out..You will need to do a physical format of the drive through service mode, then a logical format, also through service mode. Emujo

in 10 years at km I've still never done a physical format other than on a c350 once. I have only been forced to use a second hand hard drive once and still didn't have to do it.

Is this something that needs to be done if the hdd is the incorrect capacity or purchased from outside of km ?

allan
08-15-2015, 07:04 AM
in 10 years at km I've still never done a physical format other than on a c350 once. I have only been forced to use a second hand hard drive once and still didn't have to do it.

Is this something that needs to be done if the hdd is the incorrect capacity or purchased from outside of km ?

I buy HDD's from the local PC store, You need to do a physical format on those. I have replaced 240Gb hard drives with 160Gb hard drives and the other way around and it works.

EarthKmTech
08-15-2015, 07:17 AM
interesting.

Has anyone tried using a 64gb IDE ssd on the old 2.5" IDE drive machines ?

I have been meaning to try this, one of these days.

They are available on eBay, new.

emujo
08-17-2015, 01:24 PM
Bizhub Secure is the issue, once installed, the HDD is encrypted and the HDD s/n is paired to the MFP. The only way to get rid of it is to disable it with the original encryption passphrase, or perform a physical format of the drive. Emujo

bayshoreoe
08-24-2015, 05:18 PM
Thank you all for the help. I did the utility format and it came up to the regular home screen, but will not copy or print. It will scan thru the ADF but won't pass a paper thru the machine for output. Utility only gives me the 4 check consumables and 8 device info options now. The start button goes to blue, but the orange light below the scanner stays orange. Display reads ready to accept another job. No animation guide data available. contact your administrator.
I suppose I have to do a full format and that is done thru 08 mode, but am not positive.

Appreciate the help thus far and hopefully you all will guide me some more.

Brian

allan
08-24-2015, 08:00 PM
I would go to service mode and unset the HDD to check for change. I don't think it's related to the HDD.

The no animation data message does not affect the machines functionality.

Don N.
04-26-2017, 10:41 PM
Old thread, but I replaced a HDD with solid state, trying to get OCR to work faster on large docs. The speed remained unchanged. The limiting factor is the processor speed. Customer can OCR a doc in half the time after scanning to PC and using Adobe Acrobat on the PC.

mx6turbo89
04-27-2017, 01:19 AM
Old thread, but I replaced a HDD with solid state, trying to get OCR to work faster on large docs. The speed remained unchanged. The limiting factor is the processor speed. Customer can OCR a doc in half the time after scanning to PC and using Adobe Acrobat on the PC.

I was wondering how well an SSD would work as a replacement. Thanks for posting the results.

Custom Search