PDA

View Full Version : Jamming J17-06 LCT into 920/950

Custom Search

methogod
08-15-2015, 06:40 AM
We still run a few older 920's/950's

Having an issue with a 920 that it will run 200+ sheets then jam 17-06...

LCT is in good shape, clean
Sensor over the LCT entrance is clean and working...
As far as i can tell only thing it can be is a level issue...
but LCT and main body are both on wheels and level. i can force it to stand on it feet but not sure it will fix anything...

LCT has new clutches, feed roller, one ways...
Machine only has 1.8m on it...

Runs good from tray 3 even heavy stock...

allan
08-15-2015, 07:11 AM
What paper stock is that. I hate 160gsm gloss paper.

methogod
08-16-2015, 12:47 AM
20# CHEEP STOCK...

no gloss regular copy paper...

first we had some issues with the paper flipping, swapped charge unit, and fuser...

now back to the 17-06 code...

which will go away when we run though the bypass...

changed the sensor that the 17-06 references.... no change...

blackcat4866
08-16-2015, 01:13 AM
I don't know how many of these adjustments are applicable to the 950, but these are the measures we applied to the 951 to reduce jamming to nearly nothing:

1) Verify fuser pressure is set to "weak" in the paper tray settings.
2) Verify the claw assembly mounting shafts (front and rear) are level and at the right height. If they are not, the claw assembly can sag, especially on the rear side, causing the paper to catch on the claw.
3) Verify claw release solenoid is adjusted correctly to prevent excessive gap when drum claws are in the "released" position.
4) Verify no burrs or bent tips are present on drum claws.
5) Set "Transfer Offset" front and rear, (1/2/3) set to a value of +100 for all paper drawers.
6) Increased spring pressure on rear paper guide in all drawers to help keep the guide from being inadvertently knocked out of position.
7) Turned on SW3 so Tray Dehumidifiers will be active if/when the subpower switch is turned off at night. Most customers allow machine to go to auto shutoff at the end of the day, so this setting will not be applicable in those cases.
8) Set "Lead Edge Transfer (Humid)" to "Value Separation".
9) Set "Printer Restart Timing (Side 1 & Side 2) to "+15".
10) Repair or replace side guide shafts in paper trays to prevent centering errors.
11) Adjust paper tray height and pick up roller height. Re-check at roller replacement intervals.
12) For only LTR or LGR paper in the LCF set Adjust Curl to Curl Upward.

Have you looked at any of these? =^..^=

methogod
08-17-2015, 06:52 PM
i just replaced a clutch and think that may have been it, but wont know till later today...

had to replace the same clutch twice is odd at best...

methogod
02-15-2019, 12:47 AM
Ok, so A SOLUTION - never post these...

920 with a 950 11x17 LCT - yes they work fine together.

When running NCR (3 part - straight) from the LCT every XX sheets randomly jam 17-06 J1706.

Turns out shimming the feet on the far side of the LCT moved the LCT exit to the Main body entrance, this preventing the false code.

Think its just a timing issue, because of the variances in NCR (CB, Coated front and back, CF)...

Impressed with myself...

Custom Search