PDA

View Full Version : BH-C-300, weird pattern

Custom Search

Hansoon
08-16-2015, 12:15 PM
Colleague of mine, living in a very remote area, asked me if I would know the solution for following problem which I don't know myself since this is an old generation I never had in the field:

BH-C-300 giving a weird pattern every 24th print. Happens with printing and also copying. Leading edge seems to be the long A4-side.

Calibration and/or board issue? Any hints where to look please?

Hans

EarthKmTech
08-16-2015, 12:57 PM
Colleague of mine, living in a very remote area, asked me if I would know the solution for following problem which I don't know myself since this is an old generation I never had in the field:

BH-C-300 giving a weird pattern every 24th print. Happens with printing and also copying. Leading edge seems to be the long A4-side.

Calibration and/or board issue? Any hints where to look please?

Hans

I would be leaning towards mfp board but a new one probably exceeds the value of the machine.

The ribbon cable that runs between the mfp board to the front relay board can become oxidised and make poor connection but you usually get a solid page or herringbone pattern with that.

could even be minor corruption of the NVRAM - if he's not afraid of a bit of work completely setting up the machine again, this can be tried out for free.. Also worth trying a FW reload too...

Never seen this before and don't even have any of this generation left in the field anymore, perhaps someone else has seen it before.

allan
08-16-2015, 03:24 PM
I would be leaning towards mfp board but a new one probably exceeds the value of the machine.

The ribbon cable that runs between the mfp board to the front relay board can become oxidised and make poor connection but you usually get a solid page or herringbone pattern with that.

could even be minor corruption of the NVRAM - if he's not afraid of a bit of work completely setting up the machine again, this can be tried out for free.. Also worth trying a FW reload too...

Never seen this before and don't even have any of this generation left in the field anymore, perhaps someone else has seen it before.

Looks like it could be a dry joint. Ribbon cable, board or chip creep.

blackcat4866
08-16-2015, 03:28 PM
To me it looks as though the laser is acting irratically. Why? Possibly the MFP, or the laser itself, or the cables in-between.. To overcome the cost problem, perhaps you can get a used machine with the desired parts. =^..^=

allan
08-16-2015, 04:01 PM
Cant be right. I have seen C252 do really screwing things because of the ribbon cable connections.

Custom Search