PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Technician

Custom Search

mphile
08-18-2015, 10:03 AM
Hi All

On a bizhub 951 im getting a jam code J72-43 after fitting a new punch kit PK 522.Every time i press the puch option it jams J72-43 but if i don't select it ,it doesn't jam.I tried double checking the set up instruction, everything is ok but im not coming right.Please help i donot know what is it im not doing right.

blackcat4866
08-19-2015, 12:43 AM
Did you install the punch like a new setup? I seem to recall calibrating certain sensors as part of setup. And it just did not work until that was done. =^..^=

MVPunisher
08-19-2015, 06:23 PM
This will fix it

5.13.17 PK-522 Paper Edge Sensor Adjustment (staple finisher (punch) adjustment)
(1) Functions
Adjust the sensitivity of the paper size sensor automatically to detect the paper edge as the standard of the punch hole properly.
(2) Usage
Adjust the sensitivity of the sensor after replacing the punch drive board (PDB) or the paper size sensor (PS305).
(3) Procedure
1. "Service Mode Menu screen"
Press [11 Finisher Adjustment].
2. "Service Mode Menu screen"
Press [03 Stapler(Punch) Adjustment].
3. "Staple Finisher(Punch) Adjustment Menu screen"
Press [04 Paper Edge Sensor Adj.].
4. "Paper Edge Sensor Adjustment screen"
Press [Start].
5. A message "No Error" is displayed when the adjustment is finished successfully

blackcat4866
02-02-2017, 01:12 AM
I have a machine that the punch paper size sensors can get contaminated enough in two days to start the J72-43 jams and offset the holes. I'm fairly certain that it's just really dusty paper, and cleaning the sensors always restores function.

Today I fabricated a sensor cleaner. Not only was I getting tired of rolling back the finisher every other day to get to the sensors, but I have hopes that my enduser will use the cleaner as needed. Is that insane?

I based my cleaner on the patch shutters that you see on most color machines. I started with a metal inlet guide from a Toshiba fuser (just steel folded at a 110 degree angle), and started cutting away material. When I had a shutter that slides nicely between the sensor board and the top punch inlet, I stuck small velcro patches (3mm x 10mm, fuzzy side up) on the top of the shutter for each sensor. It's got a return spring so the enduser won't leave the sensors covered (assuming I can get the enduser to do it at all).

Has anybody thought of an easier way to do this?
=^..^=

Custom Search