PDA

View Full Version : 520I stuck in welcome screen

Custom Search

Scottb
08-18-2015, 11:03 PM
So I have this 520 that is stuck in the welcome screen, and I have swapped the HDD, main board, and tried to install new firmware, but all were moot. I plan on taking another display tomorrow, but any other ideas would be helpful.

Thanks,

Scott

blackcat4866
08-18-2015, 11:54 PM
You've hit two on my short list. In this order:

Firmware
Code Dimm
Operation Panel
Main PWB

Keep in mind that do firmware with each/all of these choices. =^..^=

GUNit
08-19-2015, 04:20 PM
You've hit two on my short list. In this order:

Firmware
Code Dimm
Operation Panel
Main PWB

Keep in mind that do firmware with each/all of these choices. =^..^=

had this before and it turned out to be boot dim on the main pcb, good luck

Reed
08-19-2015, 04:43 PM
I agree check the dimms. If it is like the 5050, the dimm on the main PCB is tied to the one on the operation panel. I found that out when I tried to change the entire operation panel on a 5050. The Welcome screen came on but nothing else happened until I put the dimm in from the original operation panel.

Scottb
08-20-2015, 10:00 PM
Thanks guys, it may be the dimm when I swapped the main board it had a dimm, but it may have been bad also. Plus the control panel swap made no difference, and I tried the firmware from a compact flash and again no dice. I will order a new dimm and keep you updated

Scott

monstott2010
08-22-2015, 06:11 PM
So I have this 520 that is stuck in the welcome screen, and I have swapped the HDD, main board, and tried to install new firmware, but all were moot. I plan on taking another display tomorrow, but any other ideas would be helpful.

Thanks,

Scott

There is a trouble shooting guide that outlines this problem on KDACONNECT if you haven't used it already.... note, had an issue with a brand new out of box 520i that was never fixed, after replacing multiple parts, multiple times, was DOA'd by Kyocera.. another time had one that was in place only 3 days and locked up... was on the phone with tech support after doing all the "normal" steps to fix, machine had been idol for over 30 minutes waiting to upload firmware, all of a sudden just took off, loaded firmware and has been working the past couple years with no problem... lots of strange issues with that series

Scottb
09-11-2015, 02:27 PM
There is a trouble shooting guide that outlines this problem on KDACONNECT if you haven't used it already.... note, had an issue with a brand new out of box 520i that was never fixed, after replacing multiple parts, multiple times, was DOA'd by Kyocera.. another time had one that was in place only 3 days and locked up... was on the phone with tech support after doing all the "normal" steps to fix, machine had been idol for over 30 minutes waiting to upload firmware, all of a sudden just took off, loaded firmware and has been working the past couple years with no problem... lots of strange issues with that series

Thanks for this info it has inadvertently lead to the problem. I had never lifted the doc processor, but when I did to place my laptop in the scan glass I noticed some crap on the small scanner glass and then looked right and I saw rust on the len cover and then looked back left and saw rust under the scanner. Sometime over the summer there was either a water leak in the ceiling or from the ac unit and it got in corroded everything under the glass.

blackcat4866
09-12-2015, 02:13 AM
Interesting! Is it an notable environment, like a public pool, or electroplating plant? I've heard of both of these environments eating the metal components. =^..^=

Scottb
09-17-2015, 08:55 PM
Interesting! Is it an notable environment, like a public pool, or electroplating plant? I've heard of both of these environments eating the metal components. =^..^=

Interesting enough(or well maybe uninteresting) it is in a Middle School Library, but they have overhead a/c-heater units inside the building up near the ceiling.

I have had a fs 5000 series printer in a pool office and it had issues late in life, and then they got a canon ir 2525(bahahaha) from another company(Ose) and it ran like well a ir2525. We now have a CS3010 if i am not mistaken in there now, so we will see how it compares to the other 17-18 city machines that were placed at the same time.

Scott

copycoan
09-18-2015, 07:28 AM
You can try firmware update with compact flash, if not try the update using the switch in the operation panel, there is some posts with de explanation.

subaro
09-18-2015, 02:48 PM

There is a creature that will produce the same rust like symptoms and eat away at metal and wires. Its a mice and i have heard they can be tiny and get into places that you think impossible. All they need is a very small opening to wiggle in and out of. They are very destructive to the machines and can cause machines to be intermittent in operation. I have seen those rust like things in places i though was impossibe for water to get in. Not saying this is the case here, but just something to look for if you see rust or wire damage. dropping may or may not be present. sometime they have nest with chewed paper in there.

Scottb
01-12-2016, 10:11 PM
Yep I have seen mice get into copiers in the past, but this was a liquid that fell into the document processor and leaked onto the top glass, and then under to the scanner section. The rust was covering the scanner, the rails and the lens cover. This machine is toast as I have replaced all of the boards, and it still doesnt work....anyone need an anchor or a fish habitat.

Custom Search