PDA

View Full Version : Mailbin Kit as Default Tray

Custom Search

Shano6
08-19-2015, 03:25 AM
Hey Guys,

I have a Bizhub C451 machine (yes i know its an older model, i actually have a few of them and they have never missed a beat, but i digress) I installed a Mailbin Kit MT-502 on one of the units to a FS-519 Finisher.

The machine now has the two output trays, plus the 4 output trays of the Mailbin kit.

When no one is printing the machine defaults to the upper tray of the "normal finisher output trays" not the mailbin kit. This machine services a little sub office of 4 users who each have a dedicated tray and this means every time of them prints, it actually doesn't start printing until the Maiblin kit has been moved into place wasting quite a bit of time throughout the day as the output trays are constantly moving up and down. The "normal" finisher output trays are only used for copying and staple prints so 75% of the time the mailbin kit should/would be in use. Not only this, I'm a little worried about wear of the finishers motors with the trays constantly moving up and down.

When installing the kit the manual calls for unscrewing a screw and moving a little lever forward, im wondering if this sets the default position of the finishers trays or is there a software setting for this?

All im looking to achieve is for the mailbin kit to be in position and ready to go at all times rather than the 1st of the finishers inbuilt trays.

Hope i've been clear enough, if i need to provide some pics to help picture the situation, just sing out.

Cheers for any help you can provide.

Shane

allan
08-19-2015, 05:47 AM
Seems like user box printing could have resolved this. I know you can configure that from the printer driver for printing selecting the right output tray.
Those finisher elevator motors will just keep running, they dont quit that easy. Just the noise!

Shano6
08-19-2015, 07:05 AM
Hey Allan,

Cheers for your response.

I do have it set through the driver so that each user corresponds to an output tray. Im just more worried about the fact of the time and wear on the elevator motors to get the mailbin in position before it starts printing.

Like when the printer is idle, or about 60 seconds after a user has finished printing, the elevator motors kick in and line up with the first inbuilt finishing tray, the mailbin gets pushed upwards. Then when a user goes to print the elevator motors have to kick in again to line up the mailbin, it goes on and on like this all day. Up and down, up and down.

My preference would be that the mailbin stays at the finishers output slot as default and only when a document isnt destined for the mailbin eg) a copy or stapled document etc, the motors kick in and line up with the finishers built in tray.

Your rite about the noise though! Sounds like a transformer! haha

allan
08-19-2015, 03:45 PM
Hey Allan,

Cheers for your response.

I do have it set through the driver so that each user corresponds to an output tray. Im just more worried about the fact of the time and wear on the elevator motors to get the mailbin in position before it starts printing.

Like when the printer is idle, or about 60 seconds after a user has finished printing, the elevator motors kick in and line up with the first inbuilt finishing tray, the mailbin gets pushed upwards. Then when a user goes to print the elevator motors have to kick in again to line up the mailbin, it goes on and on like this all day. Up and down, up and down.

My preference would be that the mailbin stays at the finishers output slot as default and only when a document isnt destined for the mailbin eg) a copy or stapled document etc, the motors kick in and line up with the finishers built in tray.

Your rite about the noise though! Sounds like a transformer! haha

all that up and down is silly. I agree it needs stay where it is before the next job. On the B250 I used to change the default output bin for copy print to the same bin, I think the top bin and that reduced the motion a lot. I have never changed an elevator motor only gears.

allan
08-19-2015, 03:51 PM
There is nothing helpful in the manual on the MT-502!!

copier addict
08-19-2015, 04:52 PM
I am pretty sure these finishers will always reset back to the first exit tray regardless of which one is selected as default. In other words, even if you set the mailbin as default, it will still line up the first exit tray after being idle long enough.
Hope this helps

emujo
08-19-2015, 07:57 PM
Admin/system/output settings/bin settings...try enabling the settings here and see if this defaults the way you want it. Emujo

Custom Search