PDA

View Full Version : magicolor bizhub c20 question

Custom Search

brent
08-19-2015, 06:18 PM
this machine prints fine but the copies from the glass are not good.. so.. I try to take the glass off.. and I searched the book
but I am too pissed off to really read I guess.. still am.. I mean really? so there are tabs and stuff
what I am I missing.. is it supposed to be so hard to take the cover off to get the glass out?
Or am I really starting to lose it? lol
any advice would be cool I appreciate you guys

brent

MVPunisher
08-19-2015, 06:27 PM
I know this doesnt sound like it makes sense. But clean the Printhead laser mirros good underneath the IUs. Not with the wand. Remove the IUs and clean them by hand.

For some reason with these I have noticed that with a dirty laser the "prints" still look good, while copies look terrible. Leading you to believe it the optics when it really is not...just my experience.

allan
08-19-2015, 06:30 PM
Here is something i found. Looking at the parts manual there are a couple of screws? and weird looking tabs on the side. 2 on each side. Using a guitar pick helps to pry stuff apart.

C 20 COPY QUALITY COUNTERMEASURE ISSUES

WITH THE DOWN ARROW ,SCROLL DOWN TO UTILITY MODE

PUSH SELECT AND SCROLL DOWN TO SCAN SETTINGS

PUSH SELECT AND ENSURE THAT THE RESOLUTION IS ON 600X600 DPI

UNDER THE UTILITY MENU SELECT COPY SETTING

SELECT THE QUALITY PRORITY AND SELECT MIX

THERE ARE OTHER OPTIONS LIKE TEXT/PHOTO, FINE/MIX, FINE/TEXT, FINE/PHOTO

DEPENDING ON YOUR RESULTS ,THEY CAN BE SELECTED

ENTER SERVICEMAN MODE ( SELECT STOP 0,0 STOP 0,1 )

UNDER THE FUNCTION MENU ,SELECT FAX RES.COPY TEST

THERE IS AN AN OPTION BETWEEN CCD,FAX AND ADF,FAX

WE HAVE ADJUSTED BOTH DEPENDING ON WHERE COPIES ARE BEING MADE FROM

SELECT CCD,FAX AND SELECT STD/TEXT

PUSH SELECT AND UNDER THE QUALITY ( ORIGINAL ) MENU SELECT STD/PHOTO

BOTH THE CCD.FAX AND ADF,FAX CAN BE ADJUSTED.

IF THE SOLIDS ARE NOT SATISFACTORY:

UNDER THE ADJUST MENU IN SERVICEMAN MODE

THERE ARE OPTIONS TO SELECT MAXIMUM DENSITY FOR C,M,Y,K

THER ARE OPTIONS LIKE IMAGE ADJUSTMENT FOR THICK 1, 2 ,ETC AND TRANSFER

POWER. WE HAVE ADJUSTED OUR TRANSFER POWER TO +1 AND YELLOW DENSITY

TO -1.DEPENDING ON WHAT THE CLIENTS NEEDS ARE.

allan
08-19-2015, 06:33 PM
I know this doesnt sound like it makes sense. But clean the Printhead laser mirros good underneath the IUs. Not with the wand. Remove the IUs and clean them by hand.

For some reason with these I have noticed that with a dirty laser the "prints" still look good, while copies look terrible. Leading you to believe it the optics when it really is not...just my experience.

The BH 161 is a prime example of that.

Like the C35 stays nice and clean inside the optics cavity for a really long time. the C20 is sealed up well. You can look at the light path without removing the glass to look for cloudy mirrors.

Hansoon
08-19-2015, 07:00 PM
Brent there might be a haze on the platen glass too. You have to remove the top cover since the platen glass is sealed into it. Remove the ADF, take out the 3 screws under the rubber covers at the underside of the control panel and remove it, remove several screws at the rear top of the top cover. As far as I remember there's also one screw hidden at or near the rear fan grille to be removed. Than you can take the top cover off. Sounds complicated but it isn't really. Careful with the mirror carriages cause they bend easily causing warped copies/scans.

Did I tell you that I HATE this machine and especially when it doesn't recognize toner and drum cartridges?

Hans

brent
08-19-2015, 07:26 PM
hate this machine? yes I hear you haans. lol I will check the things you guys told me to on my visit out. next day or two
hoping the machine will fall off the stand before I get there.... darn

thank you guys

brent

Custom Search