PDA

View Full Version : Jamming DF-624 Driving me nuts. Paper Jam!

Custom Search

Mitch Barron
08-21-2015, 03:50 PM
greetings all!

Hoping for a little direction here. Hope you are all doing well by the way! I currently have 5 different ADF with the same jam problem and I cannot find the problem. When scanning multiple documents the first 7 to 10 will scan through fine and the next will jam. Funny thing is, is that the page en route is in the same position on all the machines when the jam occurs. Leading edge is sticking out 3.5-4.5 cm into the output tray. I have cleaned and cleaned and changed sensors and rollers out with no success. Even 2 machines are standing next to each other and they are both doing it. Can anyone familiarize themselves with this problem? Next time i go I am going to leave the screwdriver in the shop and bring the sledge along instead. lol. Thanks heaps in advance if someone could shed some light on something to try?

All the best! Have a nice weekend!

Mitch Barron

kingarthur
08-21-2015, 04:23 PM
telling us what the jam code is might help......:)

Synaux
08-21-2015, 09:56 PM
You might want to also go into service mode and do a sensor check to manually ensure all the sensors are operating properly.
What is the condition of the originals? Obviously, folded and punched paper can cause all sorts of issues....does it jam the same way with cardstock?

allan
08-22-2015, 03:06 AM
Test that with scanning in different resolutions. You could find that scanning higher that 300X300 dpi would eliminate the problem. I don't know how to fix that.

splblazer91
08-22-2015, 07:00 AM
Not doubting you Allan but how would resolution affect this? Transport speed maybe? educate me please

rrrohan
08-24-2015, 06:29 AM
Have you performed the ADF calibrations with the test chart

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Mitch Barron
08-24-2015, 07:18 AM
hey all,

appologies for including the jam code (6605). I have been run off my feet lately and the customers are already calling this morning again. Originals are new pages, no creases, not folded, not moist, perfect. I have not tried changing resolutions, but am willing to try anything now. I have checked the sensors in service mode and all appears to be good. Was unable to find the writeup on the code 6605 in the service manual, but perhaps someone here has had some experience with that specific code? Will try the calibrations now and resolutions and let you know how I get along. Thanks for the suggestions.

all the best!

Mitch

Mitch Barron
08-24-2015, 07:47 AM
The ADF i brought in the shop here is just jamming and jamming. calibrations and resolutions resulting in jam. Thanks for the suggestions

Mitch Barron
08-24-2015, 07:56 AM
Just an embarrassing addition. I now have found the code in the service manual. I don't know how I missed it. Anyway, i attached the write up. Hope someone has some insight. Thanks again

kingarthur
08-24-2015, 02:00 PM
Clean the part that reflects back to PS4, I had this intermittently, there was paper dust on the reflector so the sensor thought that there was paper there

Kidaver
08-26-2015, 05:23 PM
Is it when you are running copies or when you are scanning documents. There has been known issues when people who do high volumes of scanning seem to get jams. Copy speed and Scan speed are different. There were several things to do for this. Adjust tension on reading motor, change front and rear levers, change flag sensor that wears out, add small washers to rear hinge of DF cover so it doesn't wiggle. Was quite a few TBs on it.

allan
08-26-2015, 05:27 PM
Test that with scanning in different resolutions. You could find that scanning higher that 300X300 dpi would eliminate the problem. I don't know how to fix that.

Hehe wrong kind of problem.

Cleaning out the square cavity with the matt finish helps.

3boydad
08-28-2015, 01:26 AM
when paper just stops and gives jam. 99% of the time you have a dirty sensor. check the sensors that sense paper enter and exit through adf. if clean you may need new one. and no they are not all the same. So if you changed out the sensor with what "looks" like the same one, there may be your problem right there. Every ADF that has paper just stop before the deck was dirty sensor. If paper is crooked look for mylar issue.

Mitch Barron
09-01-2015, 09:18 AM
Hey Everyone!

Sorry it took me so long to give the results of this issue. Issue was with the area opposite the solid state switch (PS4). Seems to be a picky little spot when it comes to dust and such (and quite a pain to clean properly too). All the best for the help and suggestions! Greatly appreciated!! I am a happy man!

Thanks again!

Mitch

allan
09-02-2015, 03:54 PM
Hey Everyone!

Sorry it took me so long to give the results of this issue. Issue was with the area opposite the solid state switch (PS4). Seems to be a picky little spot when it comes to dust and such (and quite a pain to clean properly too). All the best for the help and suggestions! Greatly appreciated!! I am a happy man!

Thanks again!

Mitch

Use a blower brush.

Mitch Barron
09-03-2015, 01:31 PM
Use a blower brush.

Now that's a fantastic Idea! I had no idea there was such a thing. I have narrowed down my choices to 2 different models, any suggestions??

Thanks for the tip Bro!

Hansoon
09-03-2015, 01:40 PM
Mitch, the one at the right seems OK and would be nice......

:cool:

Hans

rrrohan
09-05-2015, 05:28 PM
I just use a straw, aim it then blow through it. Those puffer things are waste of time

Synaux
09-05-2015, 06:27 PM
I just use a straw, aim it then blow through it. Those puffer things are waste of time

Even that is inadequate--use an air compressor with no regulator--150 psi of awesome stuff flying everywhere!!
Canned air works good too....

Mitch Barron
09-07-2015, 07:17 AM
I'd hate to bash all of your ideas, but I have found the best way I believe. AND IT'S FREE! I remove the ADF from the machine entirely. Jump in the car, get er up to 88 and hold it out the window. Sensors cleaned and few crooked looks. Problem solved!

lol

rrrohan
09-07-2015, 07:20 AM
Even that is inadequate--use an air compressor with no regulator--150 psi of awesome stuff flying everywhere!!
Canned air works good too....
I just deep freeze everything when I used compressed air lol. And who has a air compressor on site, I get glared at enough when I use a vacuum, can only imagine starting a compressor

copytech,mike
03-06-2021, 08:04 PM
The ADF i brought in the shop here is just jamming and jamming. calibrations and resolutions resulting in jam. Thanks for the suggestions
Dont listen to these idiots on here. ADF jamming has nothing to do with resolution. or any settings. Make sure the sensors are clean and try replacing the white drive coupler on the rear side.

copytech,mike
03-06-2021, 08:06 PM
hey all,

appologies for including the jam code (6605). I have been run off my feet lately and the customers are already calling this morning again. Originals are new pages, no creases, not folded, not moist, perfect. I have not tried changing resolutions, but am willing to try anything now. I have checked the sensors in service mode and all appears to be good. Was unable to find the writeup on the code 6605 in the service manual, but perhaps someone here has had some experience with that specific code? Will try the calibrations now and resolutions and let you know how I get along. Thanks for the suggestions.

all the best!

Mitch
Fuck the jam code. Replace the white plastic gear drive on the rear side.

Phil B.
03-06-2021, 08:47 PM
Fuck the jam code. Replace the white plastic gear drive on the rear side.

thanks for digging up a 6 year dead thread

copytech,mike
03-06-2021, 08:58 PM
thanks for digging up a 6 year dead thread Saw the same problem today and i added my input. Not shut your fat mouth.

allan
03-06-2021, 10:12 PM
Dont listen to these idiots on here. ADF jamming has nothing to do with resolution. or any settings. Make sure the sensors are clean and try replacing the white drive coupler on the rear side.

Ok thanks for calling me an idiot real nice of you.

Changing the resolution is the easiest way to change the ADF transport speed. So its just another trouble shooting tool to help inch you closer to the problem. If it does not jam at a higher resolution that will make the ADF run a bit slower it could be that a sensor flag is a bit slow to fall back or something else related to lag of some sort.

Have to say that my techniques are not always orthodox but helps me find problems.

allan
03-06-2021, 10:14 PM
thanks for digging up a 6 year dead thread

And just to be insulting...

Phil B.
03-06-2021, 10:22 PM

he has been report to admin... rude..harassing ... starting a fight .. language

tsbservice
03-07-2021, 03:57 PM

Maybe the guy was just little drunk when posting. You know this evil spirit making saints sinners 😂😉

allan
03-07-2021, 04:27 PM
Maybe the guy was just little drunk when posting. You know this evil spirit making saints sinners 😂😉

Been there done that...
All about hearing how this could be his case. Not that offended anyway.

rrrohan
03-08-2021, 09:18 AM

ud have to be very bored to drunk browse a copier forum

copyman
03-08-2021, 01:25 PM

Who the fuck are you to come on this forum and call other long time techs idiots! Just shows that in fact you are the real idiot! If you knew what you are talking about you would know that scan speed does change with scanning vs copying, resolution, settings, etc.

rrrohan
03-08-2021, 02:40 PM
Who the fuck are you to come on this forum and call other long time techs idiots! Just shows that in fact you are the real idiot! If you knew what you are talking about you would know that scan speed does change with scanning vs copying, resolution, settings, etc.

i must admit i didnt notice speed change in scanning when setting higher res. is that only on older models?

allan
03-08-2021, 05:25 PM
i must admit i didnt notice speed change in scanning when setting higher res. is that only on older models?

Older machines scanned slower only because it took longer to process the scan data and converting it into the format of your choice. I know that i did have luck finding a problem on a B363 machine. The ADF did feed slower on higher resolutions. Guess processing power has become more affordable or required by the newer machines.

If I am wrong about something then I would be more than happy to be corrected.

tsbservice
03-08-2021, 07:30 PM
Older machines scanned slower only because it took longer to process the scan data and converting it into the format of your choice. I know that i did have luck finding a problem on a B363 machine. The ADF did feed slower on higher resolutions. Guess processing power has become more affordable or required by the newer machines.

If I am wrong about something then I would be more than happy to be corrected.
Nothing wrong even on newest bizhubs.
DF-714(dual scan DF for bizhub C250i)

Scan/FAX mode 1-sided (300 dpi) 80 pages/min.
2-sided (300 dpi) 160 pages/min.

Scan 1-sided (200 dpi) 100 pages/min.
2-sided (200 dpi) 200 pages/min.

Custom Search