PDA

View Full Version : BH-C-280, initialization clear all data

Custom Search

Hansoon
08-24-2015, 06:27 PM
BH-C-280, prints from a MAC OS-10.9 are all duplexed even when one single sided page. I know that recently in all the latest KonicaMinolta drivers this idiotic setting is standard and has to be turned off. Customers confirms me that he did this positively. Since I have no MAC myself and therefore don't know where to look to verify this I must take his word.

At the same time I know that this customer very much loves to play with the settings at the machine itself and therefore I prefer to put the machine back at factory default taking into account that all settings and calibration has to be done anew but that is no problem for me.

Question: When using the "initialization clear all data" feature of the service mode will all factory settings be restored to factory default or is there another higher lever reset hidden somewhere, which I am not aware of, guaranteeing me that all eventually weird settings are gone?

Hans

allan
08-24-2015, 07:42 PM
Try setting the printer settings on the machine to single sided. Its utility -> printer settings -> paper settings -> default double sided -> on/off.

I dont know of any other way to clear stuff on this machine. You may need to clear the NVram.

copier addict
08-24-2015, 08:10 PM
If you do a "clear all data" you will need to set it up using the install instructions. As if it is a new machine.
It isn't just KonMin drivers defaulted to double sided. I'm pretty sure all manufacturers have to issue them that way. Some "Green" thing.

dotdeas
08-29-2015, 11:38 PM
Set the default settings in cups for it to work. Browse to http://localhost:631 from the machine. Then modify the printer settings there. Username and password for a admin account on the machine is required to save the changes.

splblazer91
08-30-2015, 05:52 AM
whatever the print driver is set to will override the machine settings. you have to set the default settings and save them in the mac driver.

Custom Search