PDA

View Full Version : bizhub C353 hang on panel problem

Custom Search

goldencup
08-25-2015, 07:07 AM
Hi,

I would like to ask if anyone of you have encountered a problem on bizhub C353. When you open the machine, normally the screen displays planets then after that it will show the main selections then after warming up, it will show Ready to Copy and the Start button turns blue. In the case of our machine, when you open the machine, the display is just stuck on the planets but the machine is warming up, then after that, the Start button turns blue but the panel display is still on planets. Already tried to replace panel but still the same problem. Any advice on this problem?
Thank you very much.

Zeldaman
08-25-2015, 07:15 AM
Hi there!
Try restart with the newest firmware-card. That often helps me.
Greetings...

rrrohan
08-25-2015, 07:48 AM
Hi there!
Try restart with the newest firmware-card. That often helps me.
Greetings...

id bet NV RAM is corrupt and needs a re install

GCQ-J8

copier addict
08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Hi,

I would like to ask if anyone of you have encountered a problem on bizhub C353. When you open the machine, normally the screen displays planets then after that it will show the main selections then after warming up, it will show Ready to Copy and the Start button turns blue. In the case of our machine, when you open the machine, the display is just stuck on the planets but the machine is warming up, then after that, the Start button turns blue but the panel display is still on planets. Already tried to replace panel but still the same problem. Any advice on this problem?
Thank you very much.

The C353 should not show planets while booting up. It should show the Konica Minolta logo. First, reflash firmware as suggested previously, then got to softswitch 10 and set hex to 02. That will set it back to KonMin.
Hope this hepls.

lucky13
08-26-2015, 02:42 AM
The C353 should not show planets while booting up. It should show the Konica Minolta logo. First, reflash firmware as suggested previously, then got to softswitch 10 and set hex to 02. That will set it back to KonMin.
Hope this hepls. he may be from a different country or a dealer with a re labeled c353 and the planets start up may be normal , I would first switch the ram modules put the middle one in top slot and top one in the middle don't put anything in the third slot , if you get some thing different blank screen or service code , then just order a new set of ram modules

goldencup
08-29-2015, 03:12 AM
Thank you very much for all your replies. UPDATE: since the problem occur, i just let the machine turn on. When i came back to check on the machine (about 20-25 minutes...) the display became normal also the operations. I tried to turn off and on the machine again couple times and now it boots up normally. What i have notice is that every time the machine rest for a very long time (especially when you turn on the machine the next day), the problem occurs again and i have to wait so long for the display to be normal again. I was thinking maybe it has something to do with fusing unit?:confused: . Any suggestion on these problem? Thank you very much again.

blackcat4866
08-29-2015, 03:44 AM
It sounds like a failing hard drive to me. =^..^=

goldencup
08-29-2015, 07:42 AM
It sounds like a failing hard drive to me. =^..^=

Is it okay if i get another hdd from other machine? Will it affect the firmware or any settings of machine? Thank you.

rrrohan
08-29-2015, 11:57 AM
Is it okay if i get another hdd from other machine? Will it affect the firmware or any settings of machine? Thank you.
Hard drive is optional anyway. You could disable it for testing. Just lose address book while its off and maybe few other feature's

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

EarthKmTech
08-29-2015, 01:42 PM
yes you can install another hard drive, you will need to format it before its usable.

Address book and user box will be lost. there will be no damage to the firmware at all.

without the hard drive there will be no scanning or faxing.

It is a 2.5" ide drive, there is a mod bracket and ide -> sata translator board available for installation of modern drives too.

Custom Search