PDA

View Full Version : Di 470 C0510 (Upper heat temp trouble)

Custom Search

Downunder
05-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Hi Guys

Just browsing and thought i would post quick fault.

DI470 code C0510. I know what the manual says... has been an on-going problem for a while now. Have rebuilt the fuser a awhile ago. Fault has come back numerous times, each time we clean thermistors, etc , shutdown and reboot, etc. Yesterday fault came back cleaned all thermistors. Considering changing the "A" board. and changing the fuser from another DI470. Any other input appreciated. Back to see the copier on Tuesday.

minimerlin
05-30-2008, 10:07 PM
Have you tried checking the connectors at the rear of the fuser unit and on the machine. Also look for dry joints on the power supplies.

Downunder
05-30-2008, 11:08 PM
havn't done an in-depth check yet. Typical client, put the copier in a cupboard, leave heaps of space for the copier tech to work on - not.

ebm
05-31-2008, 03:21 AM
havn't done an in-depth check yet. Typical client, put the copier in a cupboard, leave heaps of space for the copier tech to work on - not.

Try swapping the fuser unit out with another one to eliminate something in the fuser being the problem before replacing boards. Had one instance where the wire for the lamp was fraying beneath the insulation. Wasted alot of time changing sensors and boards. BTW, did continuity check on lamp and visual check of lamp going off/on, still didn't catch the frayed wiring.

nmfaxman
05-31-2008, 04:26 AM
Sounds like lots of room to breathe ___NOT.
Ventilation is in the back and needs 4" minimum space behind to keep cool.
Move it into a well ventilated room and run it.
Remove the ozone filters and blow them out or replace them.
If I break out in a serious sweat while woring on the machine, the machine is not ventilating properly.
Good luck.

Downunder
05-31-2008, 04:39 AM
Cheers. The fraying of the lamp wire is because of the drive belt at the back of fuser drive. There was a mod for this, a bracket which screws onto the back of the fuser which shielded the wires.

Will replace the filters, etc. Not sure if there was a firmware update for this.

thanks guys.

Mzie
05-28-2012, 05:55 PM
hi, i just want to find out on how can i reset c0500

thanks

Custom Search