PDA

View Full Version : Jamming BH C451

Custom Search

aAandy
08-27-2015, 01:30 AM
hello people

a customer is reporting an unusual jam, thought i'd ask for tips before i go out there tomorrow

tray 3 (left hand LCT) is jamming, but only on multiple prints - single prints it works a treat

machine jams 2nd page at machine right hand side, behind bypass access door, bottom of page is scrunched up some

all other trays, including tray 4 (right hand LCT) no problems

anyone seen this before?

emujo
08-27-2015, 01:44 PM
There is a clutch that drives 1 set of rollers for the tray 3 flyover, if you have anything close to 500K on tray 3, I would replace this clutch (I'm assuming you have rules out tray 3 feed problems). Clutch is located inside on the back frame area. Fairly simple to access and replace on this model. Emujo

aAandy
08-27-2015, 04:15 PM
There is a clutch that drives 1 set of rollers for the tray 3 flyover, if you have anything close to 500K on tray 3, I would replace this clutch (I'm assuming you have rules out tray 3 feed problems). Clutch is located inside on the back frame area. Fairly simple to access and replace on this model. Emujo

remove LCC drive assembly to access this clutch? or can i remove tray 3, tray 4 & the flyover to access the clutch from inside?

copytechman
08-27-2015, 05:25 PM
Access from inside front iirc, after removing the 2 trays.

Regards!

A.

aAandy
08-28-2015, 12:51 AM
many thanks for the tips gents

i'll remove the two flyover (LCC) clutches from a wreck machine which i know had no tray 3 jamming problems & fit them

will report back once completed

3boydad
08-28-2015, 01:33 AM
remove LCC drive assembly to access this clutch? or can i remove tray 3, tray 4 & the flyover to access the clutch from inside?

remove the feed section. clutch is in that. replace all rollers and oneways. and as mentioned the clutch. Depending on how hard it is used, sometimes it's cheaper to replace the whole feed assy. for whatever reason they can't be fixed, bent parts maybe? But i would start with one ways, clean shafts well. new tires. clutches. take top cover off, clean rubber tires inside as well. take your time do it right and clean it well, you should be fine. also check the horizontal transport, tray 3 uses that as well. clean it up good make sure nothing is tweaked. people slam those when mad about jams. rip paper opening door leaving paper behind etc.

Custom Search