PDA

View Full Version : Konica c6500 Color Registration Problems

Custom Search

Printer101
08-27-2015, 03:50 AM
Hello,

We've suddenly encountered a problem with our Konica c6500 unit and have been struggling to fix it but with no success. As to the attached image, the colors are completely out of registration. The odd part is how they seem to be different depending on which part of the print they are in. It appears the colors are out of alignment horizontally but not vertically.

To let you know of the steps we've taken to fix it:

We have done numerous auto color registration adjustments
We have done numerous auto gamma adjustments
We have swapped out the transfer belt assembly with 3 other working assembly units
The color registration unit was swapped out
We have tried doing a calibration through the Command Workstation

All proved unsuccessful.

It isn't just this paper either. Our uncoated stock we normally calibrate on with Gamma Offset has the colors out of registration on the gradient scale, and the scan for calibration through the Command Workstation shows the black bars off center with the Cyan patches. This is a first for us.

We're starting to see it on another unit too where the colors are going out of alignment left to right, so we are concerned that unit could be on its way to this.
Please, if anyone knows what is likely happening and the answer to this problem, let me know.

tulintron
08-28-2015, 07:21 PM
any mechanical adjustment of the laser position on the front of the machine?

Mick01
08-31-2015, 05:21 AM
HI,
Check your "Belt Line Speed" adjustment. Make sure it is within the adjustment range specified in that adjustment screen.
Hope this helps

Desert Rat
08-31-2015, 02:16 PM
Most of the time I find this issue is related to copy quality. Did you try the printer gamma offset adjust?
What happens when you try the manual clr registration adjustment?
Does it finisher the Auto clr registration adjust?
I have also found that the wipers on the registration sensors will collect toner and I have seen toner under
that clear lens on the sensors. You swapped that out. Hmmm...
Are the PM numbers high?
Have you tried the Recall Standard Data?

DR

Cookr
08-31-2015, 02:20 PM
Sorry cant think of a fix for you at the moment people have said what I was thinking but I would like to see the bottom half of that photo lol. Good luck

bachirabouzeid
09-03-2015, 10:16 AM
plz check the DIPSW
23-3-0
23-4-0
25-3-0
25-4-0
and do auto color registration adjustments
if a trouble code appear change the color registration sensors

Imsdal
09-03-2015, 10:53 AM
Hello there..

Once I hade the same kind of problem but it was with a bizhub C452.
And I did everything I could do..change the drums, belt, transfer roller and the laser unit but no help.
Later on i change the fixunit and problem solve..Itīs look like the speed change when paper enter the fixunit, if you donīt want to change the fix unit you can try to slow down a litle or increase speed.
Hope this can help you.

Imsdal.

futuremedia.ae1@gmail.com
04-14-2016, 04:11 PM
Do perform the manual color registration, FD Mag adjustment and CD Mag Adjustments in FD mag Adjustment distance between two marked points should be 205.7 and in CD Mag Adjustment distance between two marked points should be 190

check the print if registration problem has in main scan direction adjust CD mag values and if in sub Scan Direction adjust the FD mag values, belt line speed

Synthohol
04-14-2016, 08:43 PM
Just for giggles, has anyone swapped the drums or developer units around to see if the issue moves to a. Different color?
What about the internal test pages? Does it have a fiery? Try a ps test page and post that if you could.
You can swap dv units, tape the hole shut and leave the toner door open so it wont add toner during testing.
I just want to help eliminate mechanical problems before electrical.

RRodgers
04-15-2016, 05:25 AM
Hello there..

Once I hade the same kind of problem but it was with a bizhub C452.
And I did everything I could do..change the drums, belt, transfer roller and the laser unit but no help.
Later on i change the fixunit and problem solve..Itīs look like the speed change when paper enter the fixunit, if you donīt want to change the fix unit you can try to slow down a litle or increase speed.
Hope this can help you.

Imsdal.

Does that model have the paper entrance loop sensor for the fuser? I bet yours was stuck or not working properly.

sweep
12-06-2017, 03:42 PM
Hi, New to this forum, 1st time in any forum actually so please bear with me.
I have a problem with registration of all the colours on my konica c-7000
The black being the worse at approx 2mm out. cyan, magenta and yellow
all out with the black and approx 1mm with each other.
I have replaced the registration unit with one from another press which worked well on my other press.
I also swapped the IBT unit from my other press which also worked fine on my other press.
Any feedback would be much appreciated

Desert Rat
12-14-2017, 02:26 PM
Sweep,
As mentioned before, I find most registration problems are related to copy quality. Make sure your PM numbers are low.
You may need to change the developer. I have seen them get under concentrated and produce a print with mottle and
you can feel the developer mix on the page. Whatever color that is, needs more toner. You can manually add toner to that
color. Then run the toner init. program so it will keep up with itself.
Don't mess with the mechanical adjustment for the laser lens.

Keep up posted

DR

Bernard
12-14-2017, 04:30 PM
Hello,

We've suddenly encountered a problem with our Konica c6500 unit and have been struggling to fix it but with no success. As to the attached image, the colors are completely out of registration. The odd part is how they seem to be different depending on which part of the print they are in. It appears the colors are out of alignment horizontally but not vertically.

To let you know of the steps we've taken to fix it:

We have done numerous auto color registration adjustments
We have done numerous auto gamma adjustments
We have swapped out the transfer belt assembly with 3 other working assembly units
The color registration unit was swapped out
We have tried doing a calibration through the Command Workstation

All proved unsuccessful.

It isn't just this paper either. Our uncoated stock we normally calibrate on with Gamma Offset has the colors out of registration on the gradient scale, and the scan for calibration through the Command Workstation shows the black bars off center with the Cyan patches. This is a first for us.

We're starting to see it on another unit too where the colors are going out of alignment left to right, so we are concerned that unit could be on its way to this.
Please, if anyone knows what is likely happening and the answer to this problem, let me know.

Is it throwing a code? I would checked your toner level or depleted developer in one of the colors. Especially the yellow. It'll still pass calibrations sometimes even though color is depleted.

mircea
12-18-2017, 08:04 AM
try to jam one page before it enterses fusing unit.
Take a look at that page and at how the image looks on transfer belt.
I think you still got a problem with color registration unit if it looks bad on transfer belt too.
Does that page look all the same? or it only does that problem repeats itself 1-2 times/page?
try to take a look at transfer roller motor too...Had a printer and the motor's metal teeths were bad and it was jumping 2-3 steps/page and was doing something similar to your problem.
If nothing works go in service mode and check the registration color/gamma sensors values and see if you find anything abnormal.

best of luck

Custom Search