PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous URGENT! Fiery controller not responding - Sent too large of a file, now won't connect

Custom Search

aaustin6
08-27-2015, 04:54 AM
Hi All:

I am in the middle of a very important job and need a solution I can execute myself right away. I have a Konica Minolta Bizhub Pro C5501 with a Fiery that is attached to the back. It has always worked great and I log in fine, but tonight I sent a large file (I didn't realize it was so big) and the fiery just got stuck on it. I couldn't cancel it in the command workstation, so I tried just turning the machine off and back on. Now I can no longer connect to the fiery at all using Command Workstation.

Is there any way I can fix this?? I feel like there must be some way to do a hard reset.

Thanks in advance,
Alexis

aaustin6
08-27-2015, 05:50 AM
Just a little more info - I have the fiery x3ety2. I tried to remove the battery to try to make it forget what it was trying to process. Successfully removed and reinstalled the battery but no change.

Mick01
08-31-2015, 05:33 AM
Hi,
Have you tried booting the fiery with the network cable unplugged (so no print data can be received)?
If it wont come back then i'm afraid your only option is to reload the system software.

aaustin6
08-31-2015, 04:28 PM
Thanks! We ended up having to reload the software and it worked after a few tries. We got a "socket error" for a few hours though until finally one try managed to make a good connection and all the files were copied. I am so glad I didn't have to get a new hard drive for it! We just can't afford any downtime right now because things are so busy :)

Custom Search