PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Bizhub 250/350 - C2557

Custom Search

moses smith
08-27-2015, 03:50 PM
:( Clear counters changed new drum and developer, cleaned sticky sponge from 2 solenoids on hopper drive assy, ran F8 machine works fine for about 5k copies, C2557 re-appears.If i try to re run f8 the code C255C pops up. pls help!!!!

allan
08-27-2015, 06:34 PM
What is the machines gain set to. 145 to 155 is ok.

CraigW
08-27-2015, 08:19 PM
Did you look that the PC Life actually reset ??

Many times it takes more then 1 attempt to get it to clear.

EarthKmTech
08-27-2015, 10:24 PM
:( Clear counters changed new drum and developer, cleaned sticky sponge from 2 solenoids on hopper drive assy, ran F8 machine works fine for about 5k copies, C2557 re-appears.If i try to re run f8 the code C255C pops up. pls help!!!!

when you cleaned off the sponges off the solenoids, did you replace them ?

You cannot run solenoids without sponges they will not release otherwise once activated. C451 head cleaning pad works perfectly and is what I use in its place.

wseyller
08-28-2015, 01:50 AM
when you cleaned off the sponges off the solenoids, did you replace them ?

You cannot run solenoids without sponges they will not release otherwise once activated. C451 head cleaning pad works perfectly and is what I use in its place.

EarthKmTech is correct. The sponges are there for a reason. I know this because I cleaned them off once without replacing and they will stick again from the residual magnetism.

allan
08-28-2015, 04:20 AM
Did you look that the PC Life actually reset ??

Many times it takes more then 1 attempt to get it to clear.

That does happen. I have a habit of switching the machine on and off after clearing the counters leaving the door open on the restart. Its also important to get all the toner out of the drum cleaning unit before installing new developer. The B363 has a drum dry setting for this, before you change the dev its runs all the powder from the cleaning section into the old dev.

CraigW
08-28-2015, 04:24 PM
I do utilize drum dry for the machines that use it.

Love that engine, It has been wonderful to work with. (too bad the 36/42 got those WORTHLESS !! ADFs)

No real quirks, or surprises.

allan
08-28-2015, 06:39 PM
The SSD chips keep going bad on some B36/42 machines. Something todo with the fax data.

I modify the rachet by cutting a spring with the right diameter so i have just a single coil. Put the square peg shaft into a drill chuck. Then cut a groove into it on the outer edge with a blade. Fit the spring coil into the groove. It prevents the clutch from slipping when it needs to retract the pickup roller.

Its a poor machine. Like you said the DF really sucks. Water thens to condense inside. Look on the scanner rails on the cool stainless for water droplets.

CompyTech
08-28-2015, 06:59 PM
Its a poor machine. Like you said the DF really sucks. Water thens to condense inside. Look on the scanner rails on the cool stainless for water droplets.

Probably cause the scanner lamp never cuts off.. Horrible design, but engine is good.

makafile
08-28-2015, 07:40 PM

hi, only you change de powder developer??, you need clean the rollers inside and lubricating, sorry for my english. Because the drive motor developer have a serious force for move it.

allan
08-28-2015, 11:03 PM
Never lubricate a developer unit. Make sure the TD sensor gets connected. Its the connector at the back of the IU.

has17
08-31-2015, 02:55 AM
Never lubricate a developer unit. Make sure the TD sensor gets connected. Its the connector at the back of the IU.

may i get the picture...!

Custom Search