PDA

View Full Version : P31

Custom Search

allan
08-27-2015, 06:54 PM
I encountered the encoder disc the first time. It did not end well. Managed to magel it with a brush. You have to take of the fuser pressure assy as well. So know i need a drive assy. Hope i can get a spare one out safely.
Guess you can dip it in alcohol to clean it. Why a metal disc. Looks laser cut.

copier addict
08-27-2015, 08:17 PM
Huh?

EarthKmTech
08-27-2015, 10:37 PM
is this the black drum disk on the large machines ?

I have changed a complete main drive unit on a C654 series and it's quite the nightmare.

Even before it throws p codes it can start causing colour to black registration abnormalities randomly causing you to pull you hair out wondering wtf is going on. If the disk isnt 100% perfect just replace it as its going to come back even dust getting into the slits will cause failure too.

allan
08-27-2015, 11:02 PM
jip that's the one, this is on a C550. Half of the machine is in the customers closet.
The manual explains how to check the sensors and one tested bad. So i believe the disk was still ok.

allan
09-05-2015, 11:06 PM
A total of 4 hours later the machine is working ok. What a mission to do this!!
It does not seem like something to fix, replacing the entire drive section seems to be the way to go.
:)

EarthKmTech
09-06-2015, 05:52 AM
Yes, it's an exceptionally unpleasant job.

What can make it easier though is several cups of coffee and a rolling desk chair and take your time.

Oh, and traffic cones and police tape with a sign saying "No, I do not know how much longer I will be" Instead of being asked every single 3 minutes till you go postal.

rrrohan
09-07-2015, 07:06 AM
Yes, it's an exceptionally unpleasant job.

What can make it easier though is several cups of coffee and a rolling desk chair and take your time.

Oh, and traffic cones and police tape with a sign saying "No, I do not know how much longer I will be" Instead of being asked every single 3 minutes till you go postal.

Some companies require this and for you to fill out a threat matrix. I'm tempted to bring cones to every job.

EarthKmTech
09-07-2015, 09:27 AM
Some companies require this and for you to fill out a threat matrix. I'm tempted to bring cones to every job.

yep, anything in the resource sector is that anal. Fortunately I have no such customers in my area, just regular office people with the memory retention of a gold fish.

rrrohan
09-07-2015, 09:39 AM
yep, anything in the resource sector is that anal. Fortunately I have no such customers in my area, just regular office people with the memory retention of a gold fish.
Risk: paper cut
Likeliness: 1 put of 10
Consequence: non life threatening

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

EarthKmTech
09-08-2015, 02:07 PM
I never get paper cuts, tool or machine injuries but regularly get cardboard cuts or cardboard attempting to rip nails off completely - opening parts or paper boxes. That stuff is lethal.

copier tech
09-08-2015, 03:30 PM
I encountered the encoder disc the first time. It did not end well. Managed to magel it with a brush. You have to take of the fuser pressure assy as well. So know i need a drive assy. Hope i can get a spare one out safely.
Guess you can dip it in alcohol to clean it. Why a metal disc. Looks laser cut.

I did exactly the same thing, machine was working fine, but had P31 code, I cleaned the disk but managed to bend it, after that it would throw C- codes, black drum totation error. I had to replace the main druve unit!

If you need a C452/552 main drive unit I have a brand new unit spare you can have for a discounted price.

allan
09-08-2015, 04:20 PM
I did exactly the same thing, machine was working fine, but had P31 code, I cleaned the disk but managed to bend it, after that it would throw C- codes, black drum totation error. I had to replace the main druve unit!

If you need a C452/552 main drive unit I have a brand new unit spare you can have for a discounted price.

Thanks for the offer, but no need for it now. 3 Days after replacing the drive unit the customer decides to upgrade!!!

copier tech
09-08-2015, 04:55 PM
Ouch that's annoying!

rrrohan
09-09-2015, 01:12 AM
Ouch that's annoying!
On bright side you hard work paid off resulting in customer staying with you and upgrading.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Custom Search