PDA

View Full Version : KM c450 Turn on controller message still a problem

Custom Search

cucuklotz
08-28-2015, 01:50 AM
Hi
The controller is not powering up at all,Customer used to periodically reset with reset pin(green lite would come on)They called for knocking noise,I replaced fuser gear and machine warms up but cant turn on controller at all.No fans on fiery box coming on at all,I tried unplugging and also fiery box on off switch,but still not powering up.Any ideas on what problem may be?
Thanks Andy

blackcat4866
08-28-2015, 01:58 AM
The simplest solution is to make the Fiery go away, and network the MFP directly. The Fiery is kind of overkill on a machine like a C450. =^..^=

cucuklotz
08-28-2015, 03:19 AM
THANK you as always Blackcat .But without sounding TOOOOO STUPID ,other than plugging the connector directly into machine,Do I have to tell machine somehow to disregard CONTROLLER?
Thanks Andy(and yes depite being this stupid I have survived 40 years in copy business,
with the help of all)

RRodgers
08-28-2015, 05:19 AM
THANK you as always Blackcat .But without sounding TOOOOO STUPID ,other than plugging the connector directly into machine,Do I have to tell machine somehow to disregard CONTROLLER?
Thanks Andy(and yes depite being this stupid I have survived 40 years in copy business,
with the help of all)

Yes you do, it's under installed options I think!??! or optional controller?!?!!? I've done this in a pinch when a fiery has gone teets up.

peter42
08-28-2015, 10:36 AM
Did you see my hints in reply of your former posting?
If the green light comes up and fiery fans working, than you have to re-install fierysystem software or replace harddisk.
If fans dont start in fierybox, replace powersupply in fierybox.

greetings peter

Albonline
08-28-2015, 05:11 PM
with the help of all)

set controler type to 0

cucuklotz
08-29-2015, 10:45 PM
Hi
THANK YOU ALL for the help.Im waiting for the customer to call me back,because at the same time this problem with the turn on the controller message is on,the customer has a damaged fixing unit which needs to be replaced.I waiting for him to OK the work.
ANDY

EarthKmTech
08-29-2015, 11:23 PM
Fyi, regarding the dead fiery, the power supplies in them die all the time. They aren't particularly cheap to buy either as they aren't a common variant so may be worth while taking to an electronics shop to have it repaired - it is a simple switch mode power supply as per any PC.

If really desperate you could probably re-case the fiery in a standard PC case with a bit of stuffing around. Though these are only suggestions if the owner is dead set on using the fiery. It is easier just to use the standard controller ;)

cucuklotz
08-30-2015, 02:29 AM
Hi

Thanks for added insights.I will have to wait for customer.as he was complaining about having to replace fuser.After it finally does work,they are also dealing with a quality issue. The customer wants it all fixed in an hour:cool:
Andy

NeoMatrix
08-30-2015, 02:45 AM
Hi

Thanks for added insights.I will have to wait for customer.as he was complaining about having to replace fuser.After it finally does work,they are also dealing with a quality issue. The customer wants it all fixed in an hour:cool:
Andy

It might be easier to use a screw drive leaver up the Copy/Start button and park a new copier underneath it....:D

cucuklotz
09-11-2015, 02:47 AM
Hi
I'm going back to customer tomm to install new fuser unit which finally arrived.Thank you for help with fiery .Can someone tell me sequence to set controller to zero.Im not sure how to do that
THANKS ANDY

Synaux
09-11-2015, 03:10 AM
Service Mode > System 2 > Image Controller > 0

This method requires you to change the drivers on their computer too

axyun
09-11-2015, 09:38 PM
Andy replced th fixing assembly and disconnected the fiery box and took offline. Tried to download driver for Window 7 / 64 bit but wouldn't download and Konica Minolta not supporting om;ine with drivers. So machine is printing, copying but not scanning possibly because using old driver from fiery unit. Can anyone please help with the proper software or is there something else we are need to do in addition to provideing different driver. Your help is always appreciated. Frank/ActionPhotocopy

axyun
09-14-2015, 04:00 PM
Hi this is Frank again. Andy and i are working on this together and trying to get the correct driver for the C450 with windows 7/ 64bit for machine controller as the fiery is taken offline due to previous problem mentioned. Please help with this driver as C450 is not on list for downloads at KM website. Frank

Synaux
09-14-2015, 05:11 PM
The driver is supposed to be included in the Win7 operating system.

Synaux
09-14-2015, 05:18 PM
Self-Help Product Support | Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A., Inc. (http://onyxweb.mykonicaminolta.com/onestopproductsupport/SearchResults?products=706&fileTypes=0&OSs=31)

axyun
09-14-2015, 06:13 PM
Thank you Synaux. Do you think that the reason customer can copy and print but not scan is because the fiery driver is being used and that when the correct driver is installed the scanning will return? Frank

Synaux
09-14-2015, 07:46 PM
Thank you Synaux. Do you think that the reason customer can copy and print but not scan is because the fiery driver is being used and that when the correct driver is installed the scanning will return? Frank

What protocol are you using for scanning?

peter42
09-14-2015, 07:52 PM
go to : Download Centre - KONICA MINOLTA Europe (http://www.konicaminolta.eu/en/business-solutions/support/download-center.html?ref=dlptl)

chose product type = Multifunctional colour

chose product = bizhub c450

check the point: Include Discontinued Products

select drivers
select english language
select your operating system

et voila!

But another thing, scan to PC.....
How has it be done before?
SMB/FTP or Twain?

Today i would prefer SMB.
create a local user at the PC with the name scan and password scan
create a directory directly on C:\ with the name scan.
never use a folder in any user subdirectory like c:\users\admin\desktop\scan this will give trouble with win 7/8/10.
share this folder for your new created user "scan" with write permission and the sharename scan.
at the c450 create a new scanuser to smb.
name scan, password scan, pc-adress is the IP-Adress of pc and folder is scan.
this works in 98 percent of all my installations.
If there are problems with firewalls, domainusers etc, then go level 2

Install on pc Personal-FTP server or filezilla-server.
They are easy to config
first create a folder in c:\ with the name scan
start the ftp-server and have user control open
create the user scan with password scan.
allow this new user read and write access to the created scanfolder.
create at c450 a new scanbutton to ftp with the IP of pc, name of startfolder = scan, user = scan, password = scan.

This works also in most of all cases.

And if that works, the IT of your friendly customers are able to change names, passwords, folders etc. by themtelves.

But until this point, you have shown, this works.

greetings peter

axyun
09-15-2015, 01:56 PM
Don't know protocol customer using. Frank

axyun
09-15-2015, 02:13 PM
When I looked at self help and available drivers it seemed limited to twain on win7. Frank

peter42
09-15-2015, 06:55 PM
Ok, i understand.
FTP, SMB, EMAIL scan DONT NEED DRIVERS!
Twain.scan is a relict.
If your customers prefer twain scan, i cant help.

Greetings peter

Custom Search