PDA

View Full Version : CQ C5501 - Yellow shift on trailing edge

Custom Search

mrwho
09-01-2015, 09:39 AM
Good morning, dear toner sucking creatures.

Hope your hollidays were good.

I've got a customer with a C5501 which is having color registration problems. That, by itself, wouldn't be a big deal - the problem is that it only happens on yellow and on the second half of the print. It seems like the machine is magnifying the yellow color alone.

No matter how many adjustments I make it doesn't seem to solve it. I exchanged the yellow and magenta writing units and made all the adjustments pertaining the writing unit replacement to no avail.

Any hints are very much welcome.

Thank you very much!

NeoMatrix
09-01-2015, 09:55 AM
Good morning, dear toner sucking creatures.

Hope your hollidays were good.

I've got a customer with a C5501 which is having color registration problems. That, by itself, wouldn't be a big deal - the problem is that it only happens on yellow and on the second half of the print. It seems like the machine is magnifying the yellow color alone.

No matter how many adjustments I make it doesn't seem to solve it. I exchanged the yellow and magenta writing units and made all the adjustments pertaining the writing unit replacement to no avail.

Any hints are very much welcome.

Thank you very much!

Nice....... first impression, a timing issue.... luvely........

Any signs of a constant period along the copy/print ?

Any chance for a sample image to the forum ?

Mick01
09-01-2015, 11:50 PM
Is the color reg isse in feed or main scan direction?
I assume it is feed direction from your description.

Try swapping drum drive assemblies. It could be a speed issue with your yellow drum unit.

Hope this helps

mrwho
09-02-2015, 09:50 AM
Since it's on the yellow color, It's a little hard to get a scanned sample, but I'll try to post something here.

Yes, it's on the feed direction, and it's consistent from page to page.

I was already thinking on the drum timing, but like a good doctor I wanted to get a second opinion.

I'll get back to you later. Thanks and cheers!

Custom Search