PDA

View Full Version : C554e Internal prints skewed all trays in main scan only

Custom Search

wseyller
09-03-2015, 03:14 AM
First called out for skew in bypass when using cardstock. Noticeable to them because they are cutting business cards out of it. I cleaned the feed/sep roller of the bypass tray which looked ok. Cleaned the registration and any transport rollers while I was in there. Tried loop adjust for the thick 3/bypass tray I was using which no difference. Then I started to test beyond this.

After some testing I found that the skew is actually in all trays and even when using plain paper. I used the lattice pattern in service mode.

Lines printed from front to back of the copier are skewed as much as 2mm or slightly more. You can easily see it in the lattice pattern.

Lines printed in the feed direction are exceptionally perfect and straight with the paper.

Note: I was testing LEF letter paper, and also 11x17 in tray 1. All trays the same with the same pattern of skew.

While onsite I wish I would have at least tried to see if it was skewed on the transfer belt. Not sure if it would have been easy to measure this type of skew on the belt. But this copier is over 2 hours away and I really don't want to go back just to try that. I am guessing to replace the PH unit and then do the required adjustments after replacement.

Does the PH unit sound like the issue? I don't think the paper itself is skewed as the sub scan direction is perfect to very close tolerance.

Also I've been told in the past by Konica Minolta that the tolerance for skew is +/- 2mm but they told me there is no documentation to show that.

Phrag
09-03-2015, 07:12 AM
Just throwing idea's out there;

IDC Sensors working okay? Not dirty, or faulty, thus not enabling it adjust? Any P Codes that's you're aware of?

allan
09-03-2015, 07:18 AM
Press against the latch side on the door while printing, if that corrects it, it could be uneven pressure against the transport rollers.

bachirabouzeid
09-03-2015, 09:25 AM
change the position of PH unit by sliding the metal plate (2) to the right
don't worry if all the screws (1) were not installed

bachirabouzeid
09-03-2015, 09:28 AM
change the position of PH unit by sliding the metal plate (2) to the right or left
don't worry if all the screws (1) were not installed

blackcat4866
09-04-2015, 01:19 AM
To confirm that the paper is feeding straight, you can create an image flaw, like partially inserting the slit glass cleaner wand, then measuring the void to the edge of the paper.

If your color registration stays good, yes I agree with a laser assy skew. Does anybody know if there is an adjustment for the individual color laser beams? On most of the machines that I've worked on the black laser image is not adjustable, and the individual colors are adjusted to match the black image.
=^..^=

wseyller
09-04-2015, 03:04 AM
Good advice from all. Thanks. Im taking the PH unit with me though just in case.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

allan
09-04-2015, 05:39 AM
I guess if the K laser is skew CMY will adjust accordingly. There is a setting to reset the skew adjustment.
Are there any P-codes on the machine?

wseyller
09-04-2015, 12:37 PM
No p-codes

bachirabouzeid
09-04-2015, 07:28 PM
The problem is not in the PH unit but in his position.
i have already fixed this problem in a same machine.
when you slide the PH unit right or left to fix this problem you will think that you are doing something wrong because you will not be able to put back all the screws; don't worry about that because all what we need is to slide the PH unit

wseyller
09-10-2015, 03:32 AM
The problem is not in the PH unit but in his position.
i have already fixed this problem in a same machine.
when you slide the PH unit right or left to fix this problem you will think that you are doing something wrong because you will not be able to put back all the screws; don't worry about that because all what we need is to slide the PH unit
Well the position was the only way I could find to correct it. I tried the new PH first and was exactly the same.

Either way this fixed it and got me out the door. Thanks

Rugggero
09-11-2015, 01:41 PM

The problem is the same to this ?
The paper is a A3,and the difference between the ph unit black and the ph unit color is on the bottom.
I have also +500 error P14. I changed the IDC Sensors,but never change.

wseyller
09-11-2015, 11:36 PM

The problem is the same to this ?
The paper is a A3,and the difference between the ph unit black and the ph unit color is on the bottom.
I have also +500 error P14. I changed the IDC Sensors,but never change.
No it was nothing like that.

Custom Search