PDA

View Full Version : C353 Seriers Lock-ups

Custom Search

habik
09-07-2015, 11:39 AM
Hi There,

Getting frustrated with machine getting in to lock-ups and can't get it to run again until I disconnect the HDD, then do couple of reboots, trouble reset, then it works on occasion.

Then it comes back after xyz days or weeks and it locks in such a way that even HDD disconnection doesn't help.

Re-flashed firmware on each visit as a routine
When it started occurring we replaced power lead and network cable, changed sockets and network port. Machine had scanning issue (corrupted files) couldn't be opened or defective image. That time replacement of network lead and change of port solved the issue. Few weeks down the line again machine locked (usually after weekend) so thought maybe PWR supply is getting wacky. Replaced and no difference it made as it locked again. Replaced memory modules (from a working machine) and machine happily worked for a month and a half when it locked again.
Replaced MFPB...flashed FW...NV RAM Clear...Setup...FW..worked..for a while.
Replaced with NEW HDD machine worked for a while again locked
Last time it locked that disconnecting of HDD did not help or trouble resets until I did NVRAM clear and then it would work but only with different HDD Cable??, was very pleased with that is it was a lot faster and everything worked well.

This morning...after a weekend...locked again. I am running out of options...

habik
09-07-2015, 05:31 PM
OK

Machine locked on printing PDF (invoice) which was opened from Outlook. Postscript is enabled in advanced section of driver printing dialog. After 30 minutes machines still hanging and print job could not be deleted. Client is using PCL driver 6.5.0.0 with firmware GQ1-R6 currently loaded on the machine. Service mode can not be accessed even with back door key.
After simple reboot machine display looks normal "Ready to Copy" Utility doesn't work and service mode still can not be accessed. As soon as I touch "Fax/Scan" button machine locks in with message "Please wait". When network cable is unplugged / front door opened and shut another message comes up "The specified operation cannot be performed due to the operation of another process. Please wait..."
Different network cable plugged in machine still in lock up, USER BOX not available at all and Address Book is gone(Not entirely sure it is wiped off as had it before and the HDD was unmounted in Service) This time I can't access the service to correct that.
Trouble reset and machine hangs on planets.
Machine is now in workshop possibly awaiting sledge hammer. :)

Going to give again new memory modules a try after I physically disconnect brand new HDD with new cable. Just hoping is not another MFP Board.

Any suggestions shoot here please.

Thanks.

blackcat4866
09-07-2015, 05:45 PM
Two suggestions:

1) Have you left the device off the network for a while? Perhaps the MFP is receiving data that locks it up?
2) Have you done a power quality analysis? Leave it on for at least 48 hours, and maybe a second run. You may find the you've got serious power issues prematurely killing the HDD or memory. Have you had any lockups while off-site, like in your workshop?

=^..^=

habik
09-07-2015, 06:09 PM
1, we had it vefore in workshop for few 10 days i think and it worked fine, just not sure if this time was long enough. We put in c220 and that one worked flawlessly in their office. Whether it has better power management and noise suppresion I don't know as I have had much time to look at it.

2, by powerquality analysis, do you mean just simple voltage check or a mid device running between m/c and socket?

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

blackcat4866
09-07-2015, 06:17 PM
1, we had it vefore in workshop for few 10 days i think and it worked fine, just not sure if this time was long enough. We put in c220 and that one worked flawlessly in their office. Whether it has better power management and noise suppresion I don't know as I have had much time to look at it.

2, by powerquality analysis, do you mean just simple voltage check or a mid device running between m/c and socket?

Something like this:
Fluke VR1710 Voltage Quality Recorder VR1710 | Transcat | Transcat (http://www.transcat.com/fluke-vr1710-fluke-vr1710?st-t=adword_google_*&gclid=CjwKEAjw67SvBRC1m5zPv4GboAUSJAB6MJlk6LOMQXCf O_1BXEpx4kIlEKgUSL4DWtHcqLPFB8tGcRoC-rbw_wcB)

=^..^=

bachirabouzeid
09-07-2015, 06:46 PM
The problem is in the network; perhaps ther is two divices that have the same IP addres
when you experience this problem remove the network cable and try to find if ther us an other divice with a same IP addres

habik
09-07-2015, 10:00 PM
Every ip is mac locked. But I will suggest that, check network again. Plus it should unlock / unfreeze when reboot or trouble reset is performed.

My personal inclination is towards Blackcat's suggestion. Maybe 353 series are more prone to power fluctuations then 220's.

Thank you!

Hansoon
09-08-2015, 07:26 AM
I had once a BH-C-253 with rather similar problems. Cleaning the golden contacts of the SODIMM's with a pencil eraser did the trick. Until now. I hope.........

Hans

habik
09-08-2015, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the tip Hansoon!
Will give it a bash this afternoon.

Custom Search