PDA

View Full Version : C552DS - G4 Compression?

Custom Search

jcovington
09-10-2015, 06:54 PM
Good morning everyone,

I've got a C552DS which my firm wants to use to scan. The program we are scanning to requires G4 Compression and TIFF scanning. I've poured over the user manual and can't find anywhere to change this setting (either in the web interface or in the printer GUI). I was warned by the software company that this would be a tough setting to find. They were right! I can set compression to "High," but I suspect this isn't what I need to do (especially because it doesn't work).

Do we need to get a new copier or am I (hopefully) just missing something?

Thanks!

Josh

emujo
09-10-2015, 08:02 PM
Try setting the scan default format to TIFF and B&W, not grey scale, and drop the resolution down to 200 dpi..Had this issue before and this was the format the program needed. Emujo

jcovington
09-10-2015, 08:16 PM
Try setting the scan default format to TIFF and B&W, not grey scale, and drop the resolution down to 200 dpi..Had this issue before and this was the format the program needed. Emujo

Thank you emujo! I will test this out and let you know if it works!

emujo
09-10-2015, 08:32 PM
You want to be in the scan screen (mode), find your file type settings, choose TIFF, B&W, and set the DPI. If this works you have 2 choices...Either default the file type to TIFF (every scan will be a TIFF unless the operator selects a different type), or you can set this up as a program button..users would select the program button then send their scans. Emujo

Synaux
09-11-2015, 03:00 AM
If what emujo suggests does not work out, you might be forced to do some post-scanning PDF tweaking--get your firm to get you Acrobat Pro.

B0265
09-11-2015, 10:00 AM
G4 (MMR) is the default compression for B&W TIFF in this model. I think you can select MMR or MH compression.

jcovington
09-16-2015, 11:23 PM

Thank you! The users finally got to test this out and that solved the problem! You are awesome. :cool:

Custom Search