PDA

View Full Version : B601 FS 524

Custom Search

allan
09-14-2015, 04:18 PM
Hi guys

I got a load of B601 out of the field and the finishers was not mached with the finishers it had now i cant enter into the finisher settings to adjust things like staple position.
Guessed it is firmware mismatch problems. So i re-flashed the one machine with base ver G00-20 and messed up the CF card.

Any body got any advise on this?

emujo
09-14-2015, 08:40 PM
For 1 thing, base for these MFPs is 10, not 20...Once you have base installed, bring it back up in steps to current. Another thing to consider is where did you get base firmware...The base firmware is basically a copy of a working MFP. However this one was configured is what you will get when you install base f/w. This means you have to correct the serial number, installed options, etc. The finisher should be detected when plugged in, but hole punch has to be enabled.Emujo

allan
09-15-2015, 06:38 AM
Thanks emujo, I when thru all the dip switches first, by now i almost know the lot of them. I will look for G00-10 firmware. I a going to fix the CF card today and try that.

Do you say i can copy the CF card of another machine. How do i fix it to reflect the right serial number?

allan
09-15-2015, 11:19 AM
Ok, I did recovery and its on G00-11 now. I cant get G00-10 from our support in SA its way to old. Any body got G00-11 with the finisher files?
Still not sure how to change the serial number on a CF card.

emujo
09-15-2015, 01:11 PM
Service Mode, System 1, Serial # input. The only thing that really matters is the MFP S/N. Emujo

Custom Search