PDA

View Full Version : Weird, BH-350 mono, anyone of you guys seen this before?

Custom Search

Hansoon
09-14-2015, 05:48 PM
BH-350 mono machine 177K, was OK and went into storage for 2 months. Now we wanted to put the machine outside as a loaner. To be sure we replaced the image unit with a new one. Copy/prints which come out now have very heavy solids and in the middle a smudge from leading- to trailing edge.

Internal prints are the same. Reducing the grid voltage improves situation slightly. I know this type of machine since its introduction 10 years ago but had never ever this effect. The image unit has been tested in another machine where it functions flawlessly.

Anyone of you guys seen this before? Waddayah think, HV-Unit, Laser?

Hans

copier addict
09-14-2015, 05:55 PM
From your sample it appears it doesn't go edge to edge.(edges are being erased) That means it is being printed on. Check the printhead for partial blockage or dust.

Synaux
09-14-2015, 05:56 PM
Are there any codes at all??

mharris
09-14-2015, 08:42 PM
As stated in the previous reply your sample has the edges erased, which would indicate the machine is deliberately printing the image as is.. my first thought would be a scanner issue, however you indicated internal prints are the same. Given that, the printhead is definitely a possibility, but I would look into the MFP board and/or memory module(s). I had one once that printed solid black pages(in my case no edge erase tho).. really looked like an hv issue, but ended up being the MFP.
BTW, your sample also seems to have some keystoning(optical skew) there.. very common. pulling up on the front left corner of the scanner usually remedies that!:p
Good Luck.

emujo
09-14-2015, 08:50 PM
Looks like a drum grounding issue...seems to be overcharging in the center .. I would run the same job on 11x17 to see if you get 2 areas that are overtoned. If you do, I would bet the distance between the 2 suspect areas perfectly match the drum circumference. Almost like the drum is getting too close to the charge section in one spot. Emujo

blackcat4866
09-14-2015, 10:47 PM
Is that a LTR-R or a LTR print? The blanking could just be the from scanning the sample. Of all the suggestions I've read so far, I'm leaning towards LTR print, and a dirty laser. =^..^=

EDIT: Am I allowed to change my mind? The halo leads me to believe that it's charge related. =^..^=

Flash
09-14-2015, 11:58 PM
Did you reset the drum and developer count and run F8?

EarthKmTech
09-15-2015, 12:08 AM
having carefully considered my options, my vote is on the laser unit - assuming the defect is running in the feed direction in the middle.

The unit may be filled with dust causing the dispersed laser emissions through the centre of the image and increased output due to self compensation.

Though, it sure as hell looks like a HV issue too, so i dont know...

_SuabE_
09-15-2015, 12:20 AM

Clean the edge of the laser mirror..

allan
09-15-2015, 01:19 AM
Charge is not enough. Can you do an internal print?

JR2ALTA
09-15-2015, 01:57 AM
Looks like your paper is sopping wet...other than that no clue

Synaux
09-15-2015, 05:10 AM
Having been in storage....try taking the filters out...everything else has been covered.
i assume there was a roof on this storage facility.....right?

goldencup
09-30-2015, 08:20 AM
Try checking the foam on the erase lamp if it is already deteriorated or almost no foam at all. Replace the foam and then replace a new or used drum. See if copy is improved. The drum is somewhat already exposed due to the light that escape from the erase lamp which should be blocked by the foam.

Don N.
09-30-2015, 05:58 PM
Any rotten foam blockage from erase lamp would be a blank/void line. I remove all rotten blank lamp foam on all machines & have no quality issues. Foam could have gotten on the main charger, but Hans said the IU works in another machine fine. Dirty edges of the laser mirrors corresponds with the edge of the page, not the center and usually produces light solids (remember write to black). I would open the laser door & shine a strong light on the laser slit glass. Look for a haze or dirt. The earlier post about diffusing/blurring the laser & compensation may be it. That laser beam can be obstructed or diffused by a label on the dv unit, but again would likely cause a light or void area. How is the transfer roller? At 177k if original, it's pretty bad I bet. Is the discharge grid next to it filthy? Pop out the transfer roller & look for toner/dv for potential grounding. Clean & assure good contacts on the rt. door & to image unit. WE ALL WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU FIND!

allan
09-30-2015, 08:44 PM
We are all curios Hans.

Downunder
10-08-2015, 06:14 AM
Have you tried changing the transfer roller. easy things first.

Custom Search