PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C360 printing problems

Custom Search

glenbennett
09-14-2015, 10:49 PM
Hello
I installed a Bizhub C360 and all is good however when the customer prints it sometimes comes out negative and or two print jobs are on top of each other in one print. The customer has windows 7 & 8. They are a construction company so they use cad software and they print a lot of Google Email and the printing of Email is the most problem. I installed the latest drivers off of Konica Minolta site I installed PCL drivers however might I need to install PS drivers? The machine does have Postscript. What might I do to get the printer to print correctly?

Thank You

blackcat4866
09-14-2015, 10:58 PM
Your sample link doesn't seem to be working.

When you say: "sometimes comes out negative and or two print jobs are on top of each other", do you mean black background and white text? And do you mean two images overlayed on the same piece of paper? Or are these emails on opposite sides of the same page (perhaps defaulted to duplex print in the driver?)?

The second of those can be very simple. Perhaps someone is loading used paper face up in the tray, then printing over the top of the old image?
=^..^=

glenbennett
09-14-2015, 11:26 PM
Your sample link doesn't seem to be working.

When you say: "sometimes comes out negative and or two print jobs are on top of each other", do you mean black background and white text? And do you mean two images overlayed on the same piece of paper? Or are these emails on opposite sides of the same page (perhaps defaulted to duplex print in the driver?)?

The second of those can be very simple. Perhaps someone is loading used paper face up in the tray, then printing over the top of the old image?
=^..^=

Yes exactly "black background and white text? And emails on opposite sides of the same page. and I think i might remember setting the the driver to duplex print. So does that mean it is thinking duplex and is confused? Where do I find these settings on desktops or in the machine? That is exactly what is happening just what you replied..

blackcat4866
09-15-2015, 12:45 AM
Control Panel > Printers and Other Hardware > double-click the desired printer > Customize Printer Settings > Preferences ...

=^..^=

splblazer91
09-15-2015, 06:26 AM
and default to b&w unless you wanna deal with a pissed customer when they get their overage bill.

allan
09-15-2015, 06:44 AM
and default to b&w unless you wanna deal with a pissed customer when they get their overage bill.

I leave them to learn the hard way. If they take a color machine and don't ask me at install to limit color usage, they normally come to light in a month or 2. If they don't complain they have the money for color printing. :cool:

copier tech
09-15-2015, 08:09 AM
This is quite an old model now & you've just installed it?

I would start by updating the firmware, if you've not already, it maybe still on the original factory fw.

emujo
09-15-2015, 03:45 PM
Had the same issue on a C353 a few years ago...black background and white text only in the image areas...This customer was downloading web images using Chrome. We changed the Chrome settings to NOT use the default chrome PDF reader, and updated their Adobe reader to latest version. There is also a setting under image quality for "web graphics" you can try. Lastly, you can tell the workstation not to use the embedded printer fonts..There may be something in the file the printer doesn't understand. I attached a image of the settings. Emujo

wseyller
09-15-2015, 10:54 PM
This is really a chrome problem. For PDF you can edit the chrome plugins to not use the built in chrome PDF viewer so it used adobe reader instead. Also you can not use the built-in chrome print dialog which helps in some cases.

Also you could tried the chrome beta version which can be install with the existing chrome at same time. You may find one version works better than the other.

Or tried another browser such as IE or Firefox.

Also I've seen in some cases pcl vs PS drivers with this issue can produce different results.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Custom Search