PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent Print issues with C284e

Custom Search

jqueen
09-15-2015, 11:48 PM
Hello all,

Okay. Have a BH C284e that prints like a bad dot matrix printer. See attachment. Mind you, I have been out on this machine before and it didn't do it while I was there. These are samples that the EU let me take back with me. Any thoughts about this and why this could be happening. I happens on printing and fax reports...

I believe that the blk toner motor might have been replaced. They also had the blk drum replaced I believe. (I didn't do the work).

So, any help would be greatly appreciated....Thank you...:o

allan
09-16-2015, 02:09 AM
How does the internal prints look like. Its looks like bad raster data or even a messed up laser. If this never happens with copies you can rule out the laser.

Could be a faulty MFPB. Reseat the connectors and cables then do firmware else replace the MFPB.

Look for problems on the management list.

splblazer91
09-16-2015, 02:10 AM
Looks like some sort of Logic issue to me. I would try swapping out the memory stick first after that its gonna be a guessing game on what board.

allan
09-16-2015, 02:12 AM
Looking at that again i doubt that its the laser.

blackcat4866
09-16-2015, 02:23 AM
Looks like some sort of Logic issue to me. I would try swapping out the memory stick first after that its gonna be a guessing game on what board.

I like the memory, or the MFP board for this. This looks like image processing to me. =^..^=

jqueen
09-16-2015, 11:32 PM
Well. I love the ideas...and thoughts...but anyways....

So, I went to the EU's machine and reseated connections on the MFBP and reseated the memory chip and still NG. So, I ran more print tests in Simulation and noticed that the magenta drum IS having issues. Yellow is doing great, cyan is fine. Black however....being weird. Only black is being weird. Copies come out a little bit on the light side or not as black but the dv units are pretty much used up. So, with that in mind...any thoughts as to why only the black is having this issue, only with printing either from the network or directly from the copier itself? Copies work great....lemme guess, MFPB???:(

You guys are great. Thanks for the help.

See attachment....ideas???

habik
09-17-2015, 05:06 PM
Well. I love the ideas...and thoughts...but anyways....

So, I went to the EU's machine and reseated connections on the MFBP and reseated the memory chip and still NG. So, I ran more print tests in Simulation and noticed that the magenta drum IS having issues. Yellow is doing great, cyan is fine. Black however....being weird. Only black is being weird. Copies come out a little bit on the light side or not as black but the dv units are pretty much used up. So, with that in mind...any thoughts as to why only the black is having this issue, only with printing either from the network or directly from the copier itself? Copies work great....lemme guess, MFPB???:(

You guys are great. Thanks for the help.

See attachment....ideas???

It was the MFPB wasn't it?

jqueen
09-17-2015, 05:15 PM

Not sure yet. Also noticed that there is a TB on the replacement of the MFBD and that there are two different part numbers....will keep you up to date when we get the machine in the office and work on it here...

I hope this isn't something silly or stupid or simple....That will not be fun for me...:( :-/

allan
09-17-2015, 06:27 PM
Do as BC suggested. Change out the memory before ordering that board.

AjitN
09-18-2015, 05:37 PM
Why not to try some scanning?
It scanning also shows same problem, its PRCB
hope it help

jqueen
10-14-2015, 06:51 PM
I took a blk dv unit to this machine and still ng. Will not even do a stabilization. So, we just got the EU to purchase another system all together.

Question. Does anyone need parts for this particular machine? He is selling it now....

Custom Search