PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 654e scanning issue

Custom Search

sauce_boss
09-16-2015, 09:30 PM
Have a customer that scans sales orders to email. After one of their customers didn't receive their order they realized the scanner missed a page. They had 30 pages in stack only scanned 29 to email. They started tracking it and have noticed it happen several times. Happens at a random place in their stack of pages. I went out and scanned probably a 1000 pages in different quantities and it never happened for me. It's not like its getting lost on email server in job list on machine it displays one page less than they scanned. I updated the firmware and cleaned the df rollers. The only thing I could think of was that is double fed a page and didn't detect a jam. It has occurred again after doing this. Anyone have any ideas? The only other thing I can think of is if they have blank page removal turned on by default and it is detecting one of their pages as blank.

allan
09-16-2015, 09:42 PM
The document feeder is probably dual feeding paper. Test this by counting the pages and check the scan count on the panel. If you do this with the same stack and the results is different its probably not separating paper properly. Replace the paper separation parts to start with.

CompyTech
09-16-2015, 10:27 PM
Sometimes just cleaning the rollers and sensors really good will do the trick, but if worn replacing them is necessary.

rrrohan
09-18-2015, 05:11 AM
Is blank page removal turned on

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Custom Search