PDA

View Full Version : minolta ep 1031 f (antique) question

Custom Search

brent
09-16-2015, 11:19 PM
I have a customer that will not learn to have a newer machine. they just wont.. they have a ep 1031f that gets a line in the feed direction on the paper.
ok I cleaned it.. went away.. it came back I replaced cleaning blade twice.. came back.. then the drum it still comes back.. it is because of the wiper blade I know. but I even went as far as going to look for a new image unit. not avail.. any thoughts on this nightmare?

thanks
brent

_SuabE_
09-16-2015, 11:35 PM
I have a customer that will not learn to have a newer machine. they just wont.. they have a ep 1031f that gets a line in the feed direction on the paper.
ok I cleaned it.. went away.. it came back I replaced cleaning blade twice.. came back.. then the drum it still comes back.. it is because of the wiper blade I know. but I even went as far as going to look for a new image unit. not avail.. any thoughts on this nightmare?

thanks
brent

White line? its the doctor blade in the dv unit. Black Line? Clean the Grid and the array that charging the drum in the Primary housing use a sand paper.

Cheers

_SuabE_
09-16-2015, 11:53 PM
Or check the toner, Maybe they are using compatible toner not the original, you will find if it compatible see the developer magnet rotate it manually, see if the toner is spreading in the air when you rotate the magnet manually, if this happen it is not good toner this will give a lot of toner residual in the drum causing excessive waste, that gives black line on copies every time.

Regards

brent
09-17-2015, 05:49 AM
thanks for the replies. Yes it is using oem toner. I have cleaned the wire and grid. Yes it's a black line. It's frustrating for sure. They use it like 100 copies a month so I figured hat was the problem. Lack of use. Also a (new) cleaning blade could very well be an older. (Nos) One as well. I don't think they have made new blades die this model in quite a while. I got s couple from na trading. I wish I had a new oem

brent

allan
09-17-2015, 06:14 AM
I have shimmed up blades with paper before. Its only temp fix if it works at all.
What can you do if you can't find parts.

I think its a rebranded machine, not sure who made it.

Drum Cleaning Blade Compatible with Konica Minolta EP1031 (C7430) (http://www.precisionroller.com/blades-for-konica-minolta-ep1031/details_4257.html)

Is that the one?

brent
09-17-2015, 04:03 PM
if I would have known I would have had another one of these machines lurking out there. I would have not thrown away the past few I did
I thought we were done with this series I will take a look at it again today. it seems to be fine for around 100 copies or so. then black lline.. it is definitely the cleaning blade not performing as it should just like you guys said. maybe the charger is helping it not work
thanks so much
brent

rrrohan
09-18-2015, 05:10 AM
I bet all the labour and parts by now could of got him a old 222 or something 2nd hand by now

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Custom Search