PDA

View Full Version : PC-410 Tray Problem

Custom Search

splblazer91
09-17-2015, 03:01 AM
Customer keeps getting a message to load the paper but it was loaded. Left side was full but wasnt moving over. It makes a popping noise and then throws an error. Take out half the paper and it works fine. So i went back to our office and tried it on our Demo Machine and it did the exact same thing. Any ideas before I tear into this thing tomorrow. Its gotta be a belt or gear slipping right?:cool:

Phrag
09-17-2015, 03:37 AM
So a full stack on the left side throws 0214, but half a stack works fine?

And you brought the faulty PC unit back to your office and it did the same thing?

splblazer91
09-17-2015, 04:12 AM
No. I didnt put their tray in ours. I just loaded our tray to the max line and it errored out and wouldnt move. It made a popping noise too.

allan
09-17-2015, 05:41 AM
Don't know about the shifting, but know about the lifting. A gear starts turning on the shaft. The flat spot on the gear strips.

If you take of the front cover from the PC-410 you would see a drive. The gear i am referring to is the big one that drives the shaft that coils the cable.

CompyTech
09-17-2015, 02:03 PM
Don't know about the shifting, but know about the lifting. A gear starts turning on the shaft. The flat spot on the gear strips.

If you take of the front cover from the PC-410 you would see a drive. The gear i am referring to is the big one that drives the shaft that coils the cable.

Always had this problem on the PC408.. So sounds like the 410 has the same design. Great, now I know to look out for it.

Custom Search