PDA

View Full Version : Toner Compatibility... C6501

Custom Search

methogod
09-17-2015, 09:01 PM
I still have a C6501 in production...

i use TN610, TN612 (the right toner) and have used the OCE versions CS665 and 655 without any issues....

has anyone tried the IKON version?
Used int eh CCP 560/660

i know IKON uses there own boards that are modified w/ there own firmware whereas OCE just rebranded Konica's boxes.

thanks,

jotunn
09-18-2015, 05:27 PM
How do you know, that there are different boards in Ikon?

AFAIK all of those machines was relabeled KM devices, with minor differences in the firmware, so toner should work without problems.

methogod
09-18-2015, 06:56 PM
because IKONs we would have to swap a few boards to get them to work as a branded KONICA (send them out to HYTEC) and then re-install...

I was told a long time ago never by the IKON variant because of the firmware differences (and lack of firmware support) that is why the few that I have seen have been converted over.

also the OCE version you would not have to do this just flip a DIPSW and the KM logo is back.....

my 2 cents...

more interested if any one has been able to get IKON toner to fit in the KONICA versions without more then cutting off the tabs....

dljorg
10-06-2015, 08:50 PM
If the developer used in the machine is KM branded then the toner is fine. Toner and developer always must be the same stuff.
C6500 KM toner is actually the same as C6501 just the bottles are a different shape.

Custom Search